MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-08-2001, 08:57 AM   #1
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Angry Cougar rear end

Alright, anybody out there who knows about cougar rear ends I need help. I hit a curb last night (for the full story go to street racers corner) and bent an axle shaft. I need to know what cars I can get an axle out of to replace it. It's an 8.8 inch rear with traction lock or whatever ford calls it, in an 88 cougar XR7. If you guys know what to look for I would appreciate some help. I think that the cougar and t-bird rears are unique though, which sucks. But I thought maybe a crown victoria would have a similar one or something. Thanks guys.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:11 AM   #2
Carbo96
Registered Member

I think you're right about the axles being unique to the Cougar and Thunderbird Turbocoupes as far as I know. The 93 Cobras used the same axle but would probably be hard to find. I think the lincolns and crown vics are five lug but not I'm sure. The SN95 mustangs used similar length axles but in five lug pattern. Might try ebay or junkyards. I've seen some TC rear disc parts for sale on ebay lately.
Carbo96 is offline   Reply With Quote