MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-06-2002, 11:14 AM   #1
beach
Registered Member

Default Couple of Questions

First off, hope everyone had an eventful night last night. I did about an hour's worth of trolling, but no races

Anyway, I haven't had my GT for long. I've began to notice that almost even the smallest imperfections in the road really affect my car. Sometimes, if I hit a small raised spot in the road, my car actually shimmies to the side, making it feel like it's throwing me sideways a little? Very strange. The bumpy ride doesn't bother me that much, I just want to make sure it's not just my car! lol...

Also, when it's idling and I step on the gas, I hear this short sucking of air before it revs up (this is my first car with a V8). I changed the air filter to a K&N and removed the air silencer the other day. But I still get this short gulp of air. Sounds like something is still restricing the air flow...

Thanks in advance and peace
2 Chamber Flowmasters
K&N Air Filter
Silencer Removed
beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:25 AM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

The unstable feeling of the car could be due to the tires. I had problems when I upped the size to 245/55/16's all the way around, especially when they were brand new. The tires that gave me problems were Pirelli P7000 SS's. As the tires wore down, the problem went away. I don't know if this is your problem, but it could be.

As far as the sucking noise, that's just your engine breathing. It becomes quite audible once the air silencer is removed, especially with an open element. In fact, that's what the purpose of the air silencer was...to quiet the sound of the engine pulling air. Don't worry about it. When you get around to upgrading your motor, intake, and exhaust paths, it's going to get louder .

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:33 AM   #3
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

U should hear what a v8 4bbl sucking sound is like. You'll never want to go back to anything else.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote