MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-28-2001, 06:27 PM   #1
physicusstang
Registered Member

Question Have a couple of questions...

Hey guys. I have two questions for you to think about. One, is a linkage problem I think I may have. If you have read my past messages, I've just bought an 83 GLX convertible and a 85 Crown Vic. for the engine and tranny. My problem is that I may have some linkage problems with the tranny, since the Vic. is column shift, versus the Mustangs' floor shifter. What would I need to do to make this work? I have some kind of money coming in, but I really want to do it myself. Second question is an exhaust related question. I am putting the 5.0 out of the Crown vic. in the mustang. Can I use the heads that are on there already and just bolt up the h-pipe, muffler, tails, etc.? I know I have to change the x-member to a dual, but what can I use off of the Crown vic. to make it cheaper? If I do have to buy an H-pipe, which one do you suggest I use? Keep in mind that I want to pass emissions with this car since it is carbed. I can buy some factory mufflers and tails to tide me over until the moneys tight. Anyway, if you have any answers for me, please let me know what you think. (I am picking up the cars this weekend and I want to get started!)

------------------
physicusstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 06:44 PM   #2
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

hmmm, im sure someone will know about your tranny linkage problem, but i suggest getting some shortie headers, that way you know the h-pipe will bolt up to them, the crown vic probaly has manifolds (junk), and you should be fine with any aftermarket h-pipe, but you will need the double hump crossmember, and that is available in jegs, or summitt, good luck...

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, 177k miles, steeda water pump pulley, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods:4.10's, slicks.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 09:27 PM   #3
jerryIII

Cool

If it's a C4 trans, the linkage isn't a problem..... just hook up the auto floor shifter, and your Done..... quite easy actually.....

as far as the motor,, should bolt rite in....... you'll obviously need mustang exhaust and maybe an oil pan.....

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap)bored .060, 10.5" clutch, T5,89 ported heads, edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam, 600 Holley, high volume oil pump, front P235/60/R15's, rear P245/60/R15's.....

Some day (3:73 gears & N2O)!!!

will this ever end????