MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-29-2001, 06:52 PM   #1
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

Post Dash Wiring harness, and T-5 swap

First my dash caught on fire a little while ago. I have 2 questions, I found a 1984 parts mustang and i need the wiring harness that goes to the ignition switch and the blinker. Will the harness out of that 84 work? Another thing The guy wants 250.00 for the complete T-5 and everything i need to swap my AOD. I thought this was a really good deal, so will that trans work in my 91 5.0? thany you very much.
Brady91 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 11:13 PM   #2
zepherman
Registered Member

The dash thing sucks man. i've heard that if you leave your fogs on all the time it will eventually burn out the wiring harness and possibly start an electrical fire in the dash. My friends car did that. As far as the tranny goes, the price seems a little too good. Make shure its not a tranny out of a 4 banger mustang because if it is it will go out pretty fast.

------------------
90 GT, Red with white racing stripes. Did the AOD-T5 swap, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Factory sun roof and armrest delete, Pace setter off-road H pipe, Flows, Ford Racing aluminim driveshaft, Auto Meter Sport Comp Silver tach, and a K&N filter.
zepherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 09:20 AM   #3
jmel
Registered Member

Ford fixed the fog light wiring problem in mid-'89, so I doubt that is the cause of your fire. The '84 wiring will not work without modification, because the '87-up cars have different turn signal/wiper/brights switch on the steering column than does the '86-down. If your connectors are still okay, simply re-run new wires going to them by following the electrical diagrams for your car. As for the T-5 swap, you will be taking a giant step down in performance buy using a T-5 from a '84. They are nowhere near the performance level of a 89-up, and even the newer T-5s are barely up to the task of holding a 5-liter's torque. However, if he is willing to sell you all the necessary parts needed for your swap, then it is a good price for the parts alone. It sounds to me that the T-5 he is offering is either blown up or out of a 4-banger. Buy the swap parts, and invest in a World Class T-5.
P.S. I am parting out my '89. If you need wiring, let me know.. Jake
jmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 08:41 PM   #4
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

-JMEL- Can you please give me your E-mail. I am interested in the wiring harness from your 89. Thanks.
Brady91 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 12:12 PM   #5
jmel
Registered Member

My email is jmel@nls.net

Let me know what you need. I want the car out of my garage. Jake
jmel is offline   Reply With Quote