MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-2001, 08:43 PM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Post Design Concepts Hoods

i was wondering if anyone has bought a hood from these guys..if so..how was the fit...specificly a Mach 1 hood...i cant remember who or where but someone bought one from them and said they were good...i want a Mach 1 hood bad but i dont want to pay $130 more for a Cervinis...also if anyone has bought one did it come with screens?

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers

By the time summer comes ill have full Mac exhaust,new shifter knob and what ever else i can afford
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 08:44 PM   #2
DemonGT
Registered Member

sorry but i forgot to add if anyone has a Mach 1 hood weather it be from DC or not if you have a pic id like to see it

Thanx

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers

By the time summer comes ill have full Mac exhaust,new shifter knob and what ever else i can afford
Old 01-28-2001, 10:38 AM   #3
DemonGT
Registered Member

anyone?

------------------

Old 01-28-2001, 04:28 PM   #4
86StangGT
Registered Member

I got a 4" cowl from Design Concepts a few months ago. The hood I got was actually pretty good, it aligned great and looks good. Only thing is that it isn't screened. Your going to have to do that yourself.
86StangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 08:48 PM   #5
DemonGT
Registered Member

how do you screen a Mach 1 hood? the holes? are there places that sell screens?

------------------

Old 01-29-2001, 05:04 AM   #6
DemonGT
Registered Member

86StangGT how much did they charge you for shiping and fraight?

------------------

Old 01-30-2001, 09:10 AM   #7
86StangGT
Registered Member

Hey Demon, they charged me about $70, not to bad.
86StangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:43 PM   #8
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Yeah Im pretty sure you would have to cut them out yourself. As for the screening, maybe you would need to get a little creative with it, unless they sell it somewhere, then Im just stupid I guess. If you dont want to mess up the hood, then maybe you should get a hood with a cowl. I really like the Cobra R hoods, but the one I really like is the SVO or SVT one, one of those, can't remember.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air, K & N filter charger, Pullies, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. mendrel bent cat back, High Flow H-Pipe, Pro 5.0 Power Tower
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 01:59 PM   #9
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

I may be mistaken but I think there was a post awhile back about aftermarket fiberglass hoods and I think most people said to stay away from Design Concepts. Do a search for design concepts and you'll probably find it.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 12:43 PM   #10
John
Registered Member

i just bought a cervinis 1.5'" cowl and fresh paint job for my car door code burghandy w/ ghost flames wowzers anyway my wife works at the body shop where my car was done (hehe a buick gmc truck dealer) and all the body guys were impressed w/hood right out of box John

------------------
89 Notch: ASP Pullies, K&N Air,Transgo shiftkit,Trany cooler,FMS 3 core Radiator, FMS 4:10's
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 10:34 AM   #11
Mach 1
Registered Member

Why do u want to screen it? Leave it open, wont hurt anything.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 02:54 PM   #12
DemonGT
Registered Member

i want to screen it cause i dont want bugs in my engine compartment

------------------

Old 02-06-2001, 01:33 PM   #13
StreetStang37
Registered Member

I would screen it too though I have march ram air and I ran it through the fog light instead. I screened it and there are never any bugs or leafs or anything stuck to the screen anyways.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air, K & N filter charger, Pullies, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. mendrel bent cat back, High Flow H-Pipe, Pro 5.0 Power Tower
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 08:38 PM   #14
DemonGT
Registered Member

street stang how did you screen yours?

------------------