MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   dissapearing coolant? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=49953)

DaLe five OH! 08-19-2007 08:55 PM

dissapearing coolant?

i flushed my rad a few months ago when i changed my timing chain, and now all of the coolant is gone from the overflow tank...theres no white smoke what so ever so its not burning it...and it cant be leaking it because they would have thrown me off the track friday night when i was running, and theres no puddles when i park it and come back 20min or so later...where the heck is it goin??

rwhite65 08-21-2007 02:24 AM

Re: dissapearing coolant?

It is disappearing after you refill it?

~The Jester~ 08-21-2007 07:40 AM

Fill it back up like Ryan said. More than likely she just finally burped all the air out of her. :D

DaLe five OH! 08-21-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwhite65 (Post 332075)
It is disappearing after you refill it?

it was all gone a few days ago, i filled it back up...i'll keep you guys posted...i hope its not leaking into my oil:eek:

goodyear1984 08-27-2007 08:21 PM

thoes heater cores like to leak and there not funn to replace if u never done one

DaLe five OH! 08-27-2007 08:25 PM

i filled it up to the hot fill line 3 days ago and its down past the cold fill now...when i start the car up i can hear water sloshing in the front passenger side of the car...i know its not the oil i can hear...and thats where the heater core is isnt it...where is it leaking though? i see NONE on the ground or anywhere for that matter...

rwhite65 08-27-2007 09:51 PM

sounds like it is leaking into that box, but just not leaking down yet :(

goodyear1984 09-02-2007 09:58 AM

look on the passenger side of the firewall below where the heater tubes are...there is a rubber gromet with a hole in it ,that is the drain for the heater box see if theres and coolant comming from there and if not stick a small pick or something in there to see if its pluged,,

Dark_5.0 09-05-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodyear1984 (Post 332158)
look on the passenger side of the firewall below where the heater tubes are...there is a rubber gromet with a hole in it ,that is the drain for the heater box see if theres and coolant comming from there and if not stick a small pick or something in there to see if its pluged,,

What he said.

Changing a heater core sucks so bad.:eek:

USMC302 09-05-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaLe five OH! (Post 332077)
it was all gone a few days ago, i filled it back up...i'll keep you guys posted...i hope its not leaking into my oil:eek:

I doubt it but maybe you should check the dipstick for water..If you can hear the water, that's most likely air in the system with the water. When's the last time you flushed the entire system?

DaLe five OH! 09-08-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC302 (Post 332189)
I doubt it but maybe you should check the dipstick for water..If you can hear the water, that's most likely air in the system with the water. When's the last time you flushed the entire system?

i put some alumnium powder in the system and ran the heat for about 10 miles and turned it off and drove another 20, the leak stopped almost imideatly after putting it in and 2morrow we're fixing my a/c and flushing the radiator...i think there was a hole some where and if it starts to leak again(knock on wood) we're just gonna bypass it...