MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-22-2001, 01:56 PM   #1
chadtn2
Registered Member

Post Distributor/injector question...I think I figured out why my car won't start.

I recently dropped my car off to have a Holley Laser Shot Pro coil, Holley Billet distributor, and Holley Annihilator Pro Strip ignition installed. After the guy got everything installed the car wouldn't start anymore. It fired up fine before.

He did some digging and thinks he may have come up with the problem. I sent Holley's tech support an E-mail and asked them which distributor that I needed. They said that I should use part #890-111 which reads: Ford 302 V-8 Locked advance, phasable cap; magnetic pick-up. Someone told me that with a fuel injected car there is a wire on the distributor that synchs the injectors. I sent Holley another E-mail and they said that my distributor needs to be tied to the ignition. He said that if I tell him what signal I need that they can help me out. I asked how I was supposed to find that out, and he said that I need to contact a Ford dealer. So is he telling me that I need to call a Ford dealership service department and ask them? Does anyone know what signal he's talking about...or where I need to call to find out?

Thanks

Chad

------------------
http://members.aol.com/chadtn
chadtn2 is offline   Reply With Quote