MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-23-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
physicusstang
Registered Member

Question Distributor question

Hello everyone,

I just picked up my car this weekend! I have been waiting to get it home, and it's finally here. 83 GLX Convertible (White/red interior). Anyway, I have a question. I am putting an engine and tranny from a 85 Crown Vic into my car and a question popped up. When I was re-reading Fletch 5.0's v8 swap page, he mentioned that I need a distributor from a 85 stick car. Could I use the one that's on there now or do I need to change this? And how much is a new one?

I am aquiring all of my exhaust parts (factory headers, h-pipe, and fac. mufflers/pipes) and I need to have them put on. Can I do this myself, or do I need to go to a muffler shop and have them do it for me? Is it going to be expensive for them to do that because I need to save as much money as I can. But if I can't, I gusss that I will have to send it to the shop.

Also, When the previous owner took the engine and tranny out, he left some linkage at the shifter in the car. Could I use this with the AOD off of the Crown Vic. or do I have to go and get one off of another stang.

I'm dying to get her running before Christmas! All help and comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason C.

------------------
physicusstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 12:57 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

If you are going with a carb you will need the distributor off of a car with a carb. Also if 1985 engine is a roller block like I think it is you will need a bronze(I think its bronze) distributor gear.

P.S. What is the web address for Fletch 5.0's V-8 swap page, because I'm going to swap a V-8 into my car

------------------
THE SLO PONY
1992 Ford Mustand LX. 2.3 liter four-banger, auto. Future mods: V-8 swap.
Fly it loud, Fly it proud!!!

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote