View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #16
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: do i need to chang speed density to mass air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Chambers
Put you glasses back on and read what I said. I was commenting on your quote that 24# injectors aren't needed on ANY 306 based NA combination. That's a might broad statement on your part....one that's wrong. I maxed 19# injectors out on one of my combinations long ago. So much so, that even 24# were marginal at best. That was with a 306ci motor with unported P-heads and an E303 cam. That car went 11.97 with a T5 at 3200#.

I've tuned more than 250 cars since I opened the shop 18-months ago. I think my experience far outweighs yours. I think I've seen enough to stand by my original statement that SD (Ford EEC versions) isn't as accomodating as MAF-based (Ford EEC versions) is. Unless you've got Mike Wesley in your back pocket, you're going to be pretty much out of luck in terms of tuning the SD system for changes such as cams, heads, blowers, etc. Slap a FAST SD system on it an you've got a different situation...primarily because FAST has carried the programming and user interface onward. You won't find this is the case for EEC-IV SD systems. Autologic is almost non-existent any more, SCT has very few SD box codes available, and Diablo doesn't handle it at all (to the best of my knowledge). So if PDR has big plans on down the road, a MAS conversion should be in those plans somewhere. 'nuff said.
Jeff, if you were talking about my comment regarding 19lb/hr injectors, you need to re-read what I wrote as well. I said 19lb/hr injectors are enough for "virtually" any N/A EFI 5.0. Your engines haven't fallen into the category "virtually" as they have been serious race setups running thousands more rpms than the stock engines see, and put together with custom tuned components designed with all out performance within the rules of your class. You'd be hard pressed to find a more powerful NA EFI 5.0 than what has resided under your hood, as your multiple world records might attest to. There just aren't a lot of NA EFI 302s making over 330-340hp, where the reasonable NA limits of the 19lb/hr injectors are reached. Certainly a VERY few that are running an E cam.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote