MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-11-2001, 09:13 PM   #1
daz95gt
Registered Member

Question does gt40 intake work with sn95?

Hi, I have a stock 95 GT (except k&n with silencer removed & dynomax ultra-flo muffs) and I'm planning to get rid of that restrictive stock intake manifold. So I've seen GT40 intake manifolds on sale but those model year compatibilities reaches just up to -93 at least on summit racings online catalog. Does these intake manifolds work with sn95 stangs? Do they need any installation items etc?

I've also tried to clear up edelbrocks adapter needs for performer rpm intake manifolds (or even a performer) on sn95 but those listings just screws my head and I really don't know what of those kits and adapters are necessary to have. And I read somewhere also that at least performer rpm wouldn't fit under stock strut tower brace?

I would really appreciate if someone could recommend a decent intake manifold (with part numbers) that would fit under stock tower brace for sn95 with all gaskets and items needed for direct replacement of original intake manifold. Is there any? I would not like to order incompatible parts all the way up here in Finland...

Thanks for your help, Daz

------------------
95 GT, k&n with removed silencer, dynomax ultra-flo ss mufflers, eibach pro progressive springs
daz95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:38 PM   #2
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

Sure it will work.
You need an adapter for the throttle body...
The bend that it makes.
Other than that..t.b is same too
the adapter just makes the bend.
cobra, gt-40 should fit under brace no problem, but i don't have one so???

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:57 PM   #3
Godslayer
Registered Member

I thought the 94-95 cars had a lower hood so they used a thunderbird style intake. I've never seen one though so I don't know.

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 02:38 AM   #4
Daves94vert
Registered Member

Yes, it will work. You need the intake elbow and there are no hood clearance problems. any other Q's E-Mail me I have one on my car.
Daves94vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:18 AM   #5
daz95gt
Registered Member

Question

What about Comp polymers upper powerbox? That would be about half the price gt40 upper&lower intake costs so that would be an option too. Is the most restrictive part of system that upper intake or is it really recommended to change both of those to gain any fair hp ratings? Those parts costs over 2 times more for me when shipped and taxed than they would cost to you in states so the bang for the buck is really an issue.

Daz

------------------
95 GT, k&n with removed silencer, dynomax ultra-flo ss mufflers, eibach pro progressive springs
daz95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 01:36 PM   #6
mustang17
Registered Member

I would get the GT-40 or the Edelbrock. With the comp box intake you would end up losing low end power. Box intakes make more high end power, while the GT-40 will make power from idel. Change both the upper and lower though the lower is more restrictive. Look for a used intake, that will save some money. Good luck!

------------------
1995 GT Black sleeper
Edelbrock aluminum heads,Edelbrock aluminum intake,Edelbrock cam, 70mm TB,75mm pro-m mass air,Taylor wires, Underdrive pulleys,Equal length headers,K&N filter
Flowmaster cat-back, Eibach pro rate springs
lower control arms
3.73 rear gear New: Centerforce clutch,plan to remove a/c

mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 01:49 PM   #7
mustang17
Registered Member

One other thing, the stock strut tower brace will NOT work with the Edelbrock intake. I'm not sure about the GT-40.
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 03:20 AM   #8
Daves94vert
Registered Member

What I did was to leave the intake and heads for one of my last mods b/c although you will see gains with them, you will gain much more with a good supporting team of parts. for example; get a set of 3.55 or 3.73 gears, throttle body, 75mm pro-m bullit mass air sensor, pulleys, full exhaust(from the headers back), a good shifter like a pro 5.0 shifter or steeda tri-ax ...,fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure guage to monitor and fine tune your fuel pressure. Then,I would add the intake and heads to see a huge gain in performance. With the addition of heads and intake with stock parts is useless without a good supporting cast. Sure it will take longer to do it this way but the gains per part(heads and intake)will be much more dramatic. At least that's what I did. By the way, save for a set of good tires b/c you'll need them for traction. In between performance parts, get some rear upper and lower control arms. What I did to select performance parts was to buy a notebook and write down my "wishlist" of parts and put them in categories like suspension/engine/drivetrain...and work from there. But I have to warn you, once you start you'll never stop. Later.
Daves94vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 08:20 AM   #9
homerojr
Registered Member

Talking

LOL...that's for sure...once you start...
I love Mustangs!

------------------
95 5sp GT, black with gray leather, 17 in wheels,
Mach 460, K&N filters; studying mods, headers, off-road, catbacks and gears.
homerojr is offline   Reply With Quote