View Single Post
Old 08-20-2001, 01:47 PM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Wink

Well the mist you see is most likely a Nitrous Purge.nothing to do with a burnout.

The best method and easiest method is with the use of a line lock device. THen you back your drag tires into the water box, and spin the tires to get the wet, then pull just outside the box and put the car is second gear, push the brake pedal down, hit the line lock so it holds your front brakes, then dump the clutch and keep the rpms up. Usually I do a really hard smoky burn out the foirst pass of the day, then the rest of the time I just make them haze, you want to release the brake and drive out of the burn out then push in the clutch. Don't do the dry hops like you see some of the idiots do at the track, that will take the heat out of the tire.You can do the burnout in the same fashion with out the line lock but then you need to do fancy footwork, feathering the brake and gas.

Hope that helps,

Rick

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension, SPEC stage III clutch, Lakewood SFI bell, S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! <B
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote