MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-10-2003, 02:16 PM   #1
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

Default dumb question- driver seat from stock position

how would i make the back end of my driver seat sit about an inch higher? I had an 89 lx with a tilt steering wheel, now i own a 90 w/o tilt. this affects short drivers like myself Is there a way to raise the back end up a little 1 inch maybe? I was thinking of unbolting the 2 rear bolts and using washers in between then bolting them back down. Not a huge deal, but would make it more comfortable to drive! Thanks,
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I found that SHOCK BUSHINGS work well, they are about 1/2 in thick. Maybe I'm using the wrong term for the part but it's basilcay a big thick washer. though be carefull there may not be alot of thread left after you raise the seat. you wanna make sure the nut is on all the way... dont want to half *** that sort of stuff, specilay if you get into an accident
-as
Old 02-10-2003, 02:57 PM   #3
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

think a 1/2 inch would make that big of a difference? I wonder if you could get longer screws to put in there after it is raised. Damn short people
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

Old 02-10-2003, 03:12 PM   #4
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

Well I meant, it's easier then getting 20 washers... get two of those and you're all set... and I'm sure you can get longer bolts... I forget if it's the front of the seat that has bolts and the rear with studs... it's one or the other.. it's not a big feat of engineering to make this happen... I just want to make sure it's safe... dont want your seat breaking off when you hit that tree at 50 miles an hour... or whatever you're prefered object of impact might be
-as
Old 02-12-2003, 03:44 PM   #5
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

thanks chumk! have you done this personally or know someone who has done this? I haven't even looked at it yet, but it should be just 2 bolts that loosen, lift up, add washer and bolt back down right?

75 shot of nitrous!

Old 02-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #6
drudis

The rears are bolts, the fronts are studs.
So yes, you can simply add a spacer and reattach.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:29 PM   #7
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I did it on my 72 cutlass... when I converted to buckets from a bench.. I needed to raise the rear up so I grabbed some shock bushings from the parts bin at the shop and I was all set
-as