MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-05-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
blwn89gt
Registered Member

Default edelbrock

HAS OR IS ANYONE USING THE EDELBROCK POWER PACKAGES AND IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE IT. I KNOW THE BEST HEADS TO USE ARE AFR OR TFS BUT OTHER THAN THAT HOW DO YOU LIKE THE INTAKE,CAM AND HEADS. ALSO IS THEIR ANY BENIFIT TO PORTING AND POLISHING THE STOCK INTAKE OR WOULD IT BE POINTLESS. THANKS.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:18 AM   #2
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I haven't used the power package, but I do use the Performer heads and had the Performer EFI intake. (I'm carb with an RPM Air Gap now).

With the heads (out of the box) and intake gasket matched with an F-cam, I was solidly in the 12's on small drag radials. It was also very streetable, as it served as my daily driver for a long time. The torque was great, and pulled to 6200rpm without feeling like it was wheezing or running out of steam.

Currently the heads are cleaned up and slightly ported, with my carb'd Air Gap intake, and a demon carb with a larger cam. Its not as streetable, but fun nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure the power package has the Performer heads, intake and the edelbrock version of ford's E-303 cam. Something that should be upgraded without a doubt. (Its a good cam, but there are better out now).

Hope that helps.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:57 AM   #3
blwn89gt
Registered Member

Default edelbrock

thanks for the info it does help alot. i think i'm going to go with one of the edelbrock packages since it takes alot of guess work out of building performace. thanks again for the info.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:12 AM   #4
blwn89gt
Registered Member

Default edelbrock

thanks for the info it does help alot. i think i'm going to go with one of the edelbrock packages since it takes alot of guess work out of building performace. thanks again for the info.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #5
PWR_RYD93
Registered Member

Without knowing your intented use for the car or your HP goals, I think you will like the Edelbrock setup. The quality of the heads and intake are outstanding. And they are proven to work well together. The package should make good overall power and a nice broad torque curve, which will be great for street performance. I do agree 86GT, the cam could be better. You may want to just buy the heads and intake, then pick a better cam. Plenty of folks on this board can help steer you in the right direction for a good matching cam.

I ran their 6037 (Performer 5.0) heads for many years. They were a great street head right out of the box. A few years ago I fully ported them and they were good enough for my car to run low 10's @ 130 with my blower setup. And they were still pretty street friendly. I have a friend who runs out of the box 6037 heads, performer intake, steeda #19 cam, and a 150 HP dry shot. His car is super streetable (daily driver), yet runs 11's on small slicks.

Yes there are other heads (AFR's, TFS, ect.) and intakes available that can make more power... but everything is a compromise.
Then I went to the doctor.... whoa 312! Hello Lipitor
PWR_RYD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:14 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

It makes good power.

You should be deep in the 12's
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote