MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
bailey_57
Registered Member

Default edelbrock performer rpm heads, YES!

I took the plunge, sold the 99 GT and gave myself 2 weeks for mourning. I now have the performer rpm heads for the 89. They only have 1.90 intakes, but the bottom end is original for now. Do i have to get stud mount rr's or can i use my pedastal mounts, they have studs installed. any head gasket recommendations. and one last one, will a comp cams 282HR cam clear my stock bottom end. thanks guys, i'm so excited!!!!! hoping to see 300 rwhp.
performer rpm intake, performer rpm cylinder heads, fms e-303 cam, kirban adj fp regulator, holley 65mm tb, harland sharp 1.6 roller rockers, alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears (283 rwhp, 303 rwtq new numbers with new heads)
bailey_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: edelbrock performer rpm heads, YES!

well ...if it were me im kind of lazy and i wouldnt go through the work of changing the cam out PLUS stud mount rockers are easier to adjust ...so if you want more lift and keep the stud mount setup ...just get you a set of 1.7 stud mount RR's - the extra lift will be provided there, but theres a catch with stud mounted rockers. the guideplates require hardened pushrods so you are going to have to order you a new set. trickflow makes a set for under 100 bucks if you go to summitracing and the new rockers will probably cost you 200-250 off the same site.

anyways ...thats what i would do

hey ..did you buy those heads new - just wondering
Old 07-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey_57
I took the plunge, sold the 99 GT and gave myself 2 weeks for mourning. I now have the performer rpm heads for the 89. They only have 1.90 intakes, but the bottom end is original for now. Do i have to get stud mount rr's or can i use my pedastal mounts, they have studs installed. any head gasket recommendations. and one last one, will a comp cams 282HR cam clear my stock bottom end. thanks guys, i'm so excited!!!!! hoping to see 300 rwhp.
Yes you will need stud mount rockers and hardened pushrods.

The cam should clear but it is very important to check piston to valve clearance.

If you have a good intake manifold and exhaust system to go along with the heads and cam you should hit the 300 mark.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Vamp89
Registered Member

I'm looking at getting the Trick Flow cnc ported hi po heads for my setup, Any know if these are good heads or should I get something else.

Vamp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp89
I'm looking at getting the Trick Flow cnc ported hi po heads for my setup, Any know if these are good heads or should I get something else.
CNC ported Trick flows are the ulitmate head IMO.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
bailey_57
Registered Member

hey guys fms lifters and hardened pushrods will they do the job, i definitely like the price. also any suggestion of best bang for the buck stud mount rr's sticking with 1.6's
performer rpm intake, performer rpm cylinder heads, fms e-303 cam, kirban adj fp regulator, holley 65mm tb, harland sharp 1.6 roller rockers, alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears (283 rwhp, 303 rwtq new numbers with new heads)
bailey_57 is offline   Reply With Quote