View Single Post
Old 01-05-2001, 11:49 PM   #1
66fastback
Registered Member

Unhappy efi conversion barely runs...need help

I've had most of the parts laying on the shelf for years now, and finally decided to put them on my 66 GT Fastback. Made all the electrical connections and fuel line mods and cranked it up tonight.

The first problem I ran into was the computer did not signal the fuel pump relay when I turned the key on. I bypassed the computer to run the pump and cranked it. It stumbled and finally started, but it BARELY runs. It sounds like it is very lean and has a solid miss--or two--on each side of the engine. I would not be suprised to find out I'm only running on 4 or 5 cylinders.

I have to keep my foot on the pedal to keep it running. I've checked each plug wire with the timing light, and each is firing nice and evenly. The TPS is set at about .9 and the pump is running great. Timing is set to about 10 degrees.

Could there be a problem with the injectors sticking after sitting for about 7 years? Is there any way I can tell? I had some concerns about the eecIV when it didn't trigger the fuel pump, is this a sign of a possible bad computer?

Sorry so long, but I could use some fresh ideas at this point.

------------------
66 GT Fastback 5.0, 5-speed, cable clutch, JBA's, 3.40 gears, EFI coming soon?

66fastback is offline   Reply With Quote