MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-25-2002, 12:45 AM   #1
Rownd
Registered Member

Post EFI Swap

I am trying to find a site or any information on puttting a mass air efi onto a 93 HO engine that is presently outfitted with a carb. I have been searching everywhere and cannot fin any info. I was hoping for a part list and possibly some sort of directions. I am also looking for a a original 4cyl convertible to put the motor into. So I will need info as to what needs to be done to the car to fit the new motor in and what automatic transmission would be best to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:13 AM   #2
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

try mustang parts specialties... www.stangparts.com they have alot of used stuff .........there's alot involved .......wire harness change and computer...i believe the wire harness would be different for a 4 clinder,you would have to change it out ,plus you would have to get all the sencors and variose stuff to house sencores........you would need an efi distributer.......you would have to get the schematics for the vacume and emissions systemand a few varios vacume controls to operate egr and smog controls......you would have to get the entire intake upper and lower,injectors,egr,and thottle body............now to put this moter in a 4cl car theres alot more stuff you need there as well.......complete exaust,crossmember ,moter mounts,and radiator

as for transmission .....alot of guy's use the c4

well hope i was helpful to give you a genral idea of what you will need .......i'm sure i left out some stuff ....i'm far from expert......start combing junk yards and salvage yards.....it might be easier to find a v8 efi car thats wrecked or junked to get the harness and varios efi parts....heck it might be easier to use the car

well good luck.........
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote