MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-30-2002, 05:15 PM   #1
Fostang
Registered Member

Default Egr???

I found a place where they sell a block plate to eliminate the egr vavle and spacer also. What would be the pro's and cons of doing this?? Or disconecting the water spout to the egr?
89'GT-Supercharged,Heads,Cam,Intake,TB,MAF,power pipe,headers,offroad exhaust,black bullits.
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
zepherman
Registered Member

with no smog pump no exhaust circulates throught the egr plate. If you dont have exhaust going through the plate you can bypass the coolant flow by conecting both of the ruber hoses to a piece of metal tubing. Thats what i have done. No problems here.
90 GT 25th Anni. Did the AOD to T-5 swap, SPEC clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, BBK 2½ inch off-road H pipe, Flows, BBK 70mm TB/EGR, Ford Racing aluminim driveshaft, 3.55's, welded subframes, Ram Air, 3 core radiator, NOS dry kit 75 shot, and a K&N filter.

12.9 @ 108
zepherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 05:47 PM   #3
LOWKEY
Registered Member

That is incorrect.

The egr and thermactor systems will function seperately. The egr gases flow through the heads up through the intake manifold and are controlled via the egr valve back into the combustion chamber. The thermactor system is just a pump that pumps fresh air into the exhaust to reduce hydro carbons.

Do not block off the egr valve unless you have a chip programmed to ignore the egr. If you don't have a chip you will more than likey experience part throttle detonation since the computer runs the injectors lean at part throttle because it thinks there are egr gases present. The egr valve system does not cost you any hp since it doesn't operate under wot, plus it helps mpg.

One could argue that the egr increases the temperature of the upper intake, hence increasing act would leads to detonation and lose of hp. That was the only reason why I ditch it, I have enough heat issues as it is.

I don't think its worth the trouble on a mild street car.

Brad

Stroked
Poked &
BLOWN

low 11's and it goes around corners too

Parts for Sale!!
http://www.lowkey.stangnet.com/catalog.html
LOWKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

buoght time someone made some of those..i made a set for my notch and the hatch about 2 years ago..no problem on either..i also made a blockoff for the IAB..i hate that f'ing thing...only drawbacks on the IAB is cold cold starts..besides that the rpms never settled like that b4 and nooooooooo surging ever

You might want to hold on..i saw this on a cartoon once
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote