View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
mustangman4
Registered Member

Do you still get the ECT code with EGR code? The ECT temp is very important to the ECU and runs fuel and timing tables off of the ECT temp. There is no problem to just running a 180degree tstat. That should keep the ECU and cooling system happy. As far as getting the vacum lines routed incorrectly I know from personal experience that it can be a real treat. I just installed that intake on my own setup. Let me know if you need assistance on where everything is routed to. Also the EGR and ECT temp sender are related because it will only operate EGR when up to operating temp so if it was cold and it tried to operate EGR it tried to make a difference soooo much that it reached its limit. So you may not even have EGR problems it could just be related to the ECT temp. So replace the ECT temp sender in the intake manifold(short one that goes into the water jacket of the lower intake) and get rid of that problem first. Then work from there. Also when you are all said and done disconnect the battery for five minutes and reconnect. Then start it back up and drive it. Let me know if this works out for you. Sorry for being so detailed it can be very overwhelming to me at times to.
Hope this helps.

Brad