MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Default Electric Fan and new alternator ??

I just got my new alternator today from Pa-performance and was thinking that since I will be fixing the power problem I can also add an electric fan. The 5.0 fan I have read is good from flexilite and there is the proform one just like it. Is the proform just as good as the flexilite cause it is $100 cheaper and if it works just as good then I would buy it instead. Anyone have any info on these fans?
87TtopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Coupe50h
Registered Member

Default Re: Electric Fan and new alternator ??

I have the flexalite black magic, i got it before the proform came out, i would like to see how the proform works, It looks like the same one i have, but cheaper like you said.
The flexalite i have is awesome, never let's me down, At the track i turn the t-stat switch all the way so it doesnt come on when im doing a burnout, after my run i turn it on and let it blow while i sit in the staging lanes, It seems to not draw too much off my stock alt. either...good luck.
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
87TtopMan
Registered Member

The pa-performance amp didnt help my amp problem, I am barely keeping enough amps even with the bigger alt. and if I turn everything on it cant hold up. I have tried and tried to see if there is a problem but cant find anything. The new alternator came with a bigger pulley so I left it on there since I have pulleys to help it turn faster but I think I may be wrong. I think I may be just shotting my self in the foot and I need a smaller pulley on it? Just cant get the theory right on pulley sizes.

Looking for GT40 or GT40P heads
Mods bought but not installed, GT40 Intake, 65mm TB/EGR spacer, 24lb injectors, MAF conversion, Adjustable Fuel regulator
87TtopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
blkonblk90gt
Black on black

check the little grey electrical clip on the back of the alt then go to 50 resto for the big wire amp kit for the alt i had the same problems.....then i told sum1 to play with that clip while i sat in the car and the battery light started coming on give it a shot
blkonblk90gt is offline   Reply With Quote