MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-22-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
todd95GT
Registered Member

Question Electrical problem, HELP!

My 95 GT is having the following problem:
Both windows don't regularly operate. The passenger window needs manual assistance going both down and up. When I press the window switch down with the passenger window fully up, I hear the motor working but it needs to be pushed down and it will usually take it from there. On the driver's side, when I use the "one-touch down" feature, the window goes all the way into the door, but it sounds as if the motor is still trying to pull it down---I hear a steady banging from the inside of the door until the switch is pressed again. The other day, the driver's side window got stuck halfway down. When I tried to pull it up, it was completely frozen in it's place. When pressing the switch, the factory battery gauge dips and I can hear a clicking (like a relay) coming from inside the door-but nothing happens. After trying the button to no avail several times, I drove the car about 30 minutes and for whatever reason it finally went up effortlessly. After that, it worked perfectly, without the banging noise at the fully down position, for about three days. Now tonight, the damn thing is stuck again and it won't go back up. I hear the clicking sound when I use the swittch, and the battery gauge dips when I do so, but not when I use the switch for the passenger window. Now my car is sitting in my community parking lot with the driver's side window down? Help? Where and what do I look for...and how the hell do you get these sn95 door panels off???

------------------
Todd
1995 GT/T-5
Pulleys; 65 mm TB; Flowmaster cat-back; Mac off road H-pipe; FMS aluminum driveshaft; short-throw shifter; HD clutch; Cobra R's; Cobra front and wing
todd95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 09:12 PM   #2
5ohCOUPE
Registered Member

Exclamation

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A WINDOW MOTOR AND REGULATOR PROBLEM. COULD JUST BE THE MOTORS.
5ohCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 07:13 PM   #3
blueneonman1
Registered Member

Yeah sounds like a window motor or track problem, not the electronics. The battery guage is supposed to dip like that because the window motors draw allot of amps. Rebuilding a window motor is cheaper than a new one...just find someone who will do it.

------------------
Blueneonman - '95 5.0L Mustang GT Convertible | K&N Custom Cold Air Intake | FMS 9mm Wires | Hollow Cats | Flowmaster 2 Chambers | BBK Subframes | 6-pt Rollcage | King Cobra Clutch | FMS Adjustable Clutch Cable | B&M Short Throw | Coolest Neon Lighting on a Mustang EVER!

Homepage: http://www16.brinkster.com/blueneonman/
blueneonman1 is offline   Reply With Quote