MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-14-2002, 11:57 PM   #1
Rebel79
News Editor

Default Need another tattoo design!

PGKELLY, a MW user, designed my first/last tattoo. Because Mustangworks helped my with my frist tatto, I figured why not for the second one?!? He did a great job and I get nothing but compliments at the design and artwork.

But now its time for a new tattoo. I would like to have a band that goes half-way around my arm, thats similar to a tribal band, but with a celtic knot in the center. In the center of the knot I would like to have a green shamrock ('cause I'm Irish). Can anyone help me out?

Here is the knot I would like. I apologize for the quality. The knot should be oulined in black and shaded like seen below:

The shamrock:

An idea of how they might look combined:

The band part is more like 4 blades coming off of the knot, like my friend's tattoo here:

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:36 AM   #2
PKRWUD

I'm about ready for number 3, but I haven't decided yet. I never got into the whole tribal thing, but I respect them. I'll probably just do another one with a skull and crossed pistons again. I seem to have a thing for skulls (Mom would be so proud).

Let me know what you get, Scott.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:13 AM   #3
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

I always wanted a little flaming pony on the small of my back but I never had the ta-tas to do it...

RedLilPony.com
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:21 AM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Woh I remember when you had that tatoo done rebel.... It was when I first joined this board.... almost 1 year ago... It was a pretty sweet tatoo. I'm no artist so I can't help you with any drawings.... I want to get a tatoo but I am still unsure of what I want to get so I decided I'd rather wait tell I know what I want. It would probably be on my back, somewhere where you can't always see it. Let me know how it turns out though, I'm sure someone here will be able to draw something up for you.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:26 AM   #5
429mustang
Registered Member

I've pretty much decided when I some day get a bunch of extra money (YEAH RIGHT) I want a scene of a pirate ship. I want it to be at night and look kind of foggy (like a ghost ship) with the ship in the ocean, it'll probably cover my whole back. If anybody knows where I can find some badass pics of pirate ships, you should let me know. I've found a few, but nothing exactly like I want.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:17 PM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I'll be getting my tat in a month or 2, after football is over. I'm getting an "S" with flames coming off of it. My last name is Schmitt, that's where the "S" comes from....here's a pic. I drew it myself. It's simple, but I like it. I might have them make the "S" a little thicker though. I'm getting it on the upper part of my arm, on the outside of my shoulder (deltoid).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-tatsmall.jpg (66.9 KB, 40 views)
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 02:11 AM   #7
Rebel79
News Editor

1969MACH,

Yeah you were just starting to hang out on the boards when I got my first tattoo. Interesting way to link you to the site. Just be sure that the tattoo you get is what YOU want. Its definately a good idea to wait until you find the exact design that you won't regret.

Thanks for the replies... hopefully someone can help me out. If not I will have to resort to drawing it myself, which probably won'y turn out too well.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:10 AM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation hey!!!!!! i know that back!

OMG!!!!! hehehe...are you on the SCMC too? When I first started posting there, that was the first thing I posted to was the thread that had your tattoo on it when I posted mine...!!!! LOL! How'd I miss that? Ya, that is ONE BAD TAT on your back...VERY COOL...I like your idea of your new one.
I love the tribal stuff.
And your right...BE sure its something ya wanna keep! ive been REALLY happy w/ mine. Have had TONS of compliments from strangers and the lady who manages Tequilla Willeys our Friday night hangout, took a digital of it last weekend cuz she want one like it....it wont be the same thou, cuz its an original by ME and wont mean the same...but i was flattered non the less!
Where do you live??? If you want, send me a general Pic of what exactly what you are wanting, and I'll go down to Southern Boys in Baytown and have him do the schematics for you...
They were AWESOME w/ mine...I just had a rectangular pic, and he added the tribal shape and filled it in...they do EXCELLENT WORK...BESIDES...I need to get mine touched up anyways...
Lemme know I'd be more than happy to take them a pic and see what they can do!
TNT
BTW: I'm looking for a skull w/ a GEAR in his head...anyone seen anything like this? Its not for me. We've seen T-shirts by "GEARHEAD" that had a pic of it, and didn't get one...I have yet to find it again. if anyone finds one...please let me know! thanks!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:20 AM   #9
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking :)

Heres mine again...I dont think Jodi's seen it yet....
I was kickin around the Flaming Pony too.....but...went w/ this instead.
Just dont rush into anything...I've wanted one for 15 years and have racked my brain...one day it just hits ya!
TNT

Last edited by Topless In Texas; 10-17-2002 at 12:28 AM..
Old 10-17-2002, 12:33 AM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry LETS TRY THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD, how I hate to have posting problems....still trying to find my pic.........grrrrrrrrrrrrr............... TNT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my tiger tat.jpg (22.3 KB, 37 views)

Old 10-17-2002, 12:44 AM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default OOOOH....

Quote:
Originally posted by 429mustang
I've pretty much decided when I some day get a bunch of extra money (YEAH RIGHT) I want a scene of a pirate ship. I want it to be at night and look kind of foggy (like a ghost ship) with the ship in the ocean, it'll probably cover my whole back. If anybody knows where I can find some badass pics of pirate ships, you should let me know. I've found a few, but nothing exactly like I want.
DAMN! THAT SOUNDS TOO COOL!!! How'd you come up w/ that idea??? If you take it to the right person, it would be BADA$S! AND if they are REALLY good, they can find alot of what you are looking for themselves and give you ideas....
Cover your whole back????????? you better start saving NOW.....ITS GONNA COST YOU A SMALL FORTUNE!!!!!!!!
You might find it easier to do it in different sittings....Do the basics and have stuff added as you can afford it...and build up to having the pain tollerance to withstand that much!!!!!!!!!!!!
TNT

Old 10-17-2002, 12:49 AM   #12
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up :)

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
I drew it myself. It's simple, but I like it. I might have them make the "S" a little thicker though. I'm getting it on the upper part of my arm, on the outside of my shoulder (deltoid).
I remember seeing that...thats cool!!!!!!!!!! and what is even cooler that YOU designed it...makes it extra special...GOD...what I would not GIVE TO BE THERE WHEN YOU DO IT!!!!!!!! mmmwwwahahhahaha/evil laugh/ hahah...... just kiddin' ya...
just be sure to slam a few, or have some other support there w/ ya for your first....I know w/out my support, I could not have sat through it..but then again, you are prolly tougher than I am!!
TNT

Old 10-17-2002, 05:48 PM   #13
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Re: :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
I remember seeing that...thats cool!!!!!!!!!! and what is even cooler that YOU designed it...makes it extra special...GOD...what I would not GIVE TO BE THERE WHEN YOU DO IT!!!!!!!! mmmwwwahahhahaha/evil laugh/ hahah...... just kiddin' ya...
just be sure to slam a few, or have some other support there w/ ya for your first....I know w/out my support, I could not have sat through it..but then again, you are prolly tougher than I am!!
TNT
About how much do you think it would cost for me to get the "flaming S" tattoo? It's going to be around 5"X4"....How much should I plan on spending? The "S" part will be filled in black and the flames will fade from yellow to orange to red....just like in the picture!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:48 PM   #14
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Not for sure, mine was $200 so i'd think for sure less than that cuz it was kinda intricate maybe between $100-$150? BUT I could be wrong....I bet I could get an estimate for ya though. Depends on how they charge too. TNT

Old 10-21-2002, 08:43 PM   #15
Rebel79
News Editor

So can anyone help me out?
Old 10-21-2002, 08:51 PM   #16
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Hey Rebel..how big of a hurry are you in?? If ya want I can just save your pics off this thread and take them down to SouthernBoys...But I cant see myself getting down there till prolly next week some time...Maybe Monday? If not, it'd prolly be Friday of next week. Was waiting to hear from ya about it...

Lemme know what you think.

TNT

Old 10-23-2002, 03:59 AM   #17
thdrcat
Registered Member

Long story, but my other name is Stands Agianst the Wind, Ulinawi clan, Eastern cherokee. My whole family has rings with Ulinawi, or the turtle, on it. Tvski Ulinawi This is the tattoo i would get on my right shoulder blade. on my left shoulder goes my personal mark. look to the right to see that.

if i am going to get them, it has to be 22 days after my 22nd birthday. (its religious in nature. left is for you, right is for your clan.(read family))
thdrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 12:45 PM   #18
Rebel79
News Editor

Default Re: :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
Hey Rebel..how big of a hurry are you in?? If ya want I can just save your pics off this thread and take them down to SouthernBoys...But I cant see myself getting down there till prolly next week some time...Maybe Monday? If not, it'd prolly be Friday of next week. Was waiting to hear from ya about it...

Lemme know what you think.

TNT
Well kinda in a hurry I guess. I have someone doing a draft for me, and it should eb ready in the next day. If she doesn't do good work, I might just take you up on that!
Old 10-26-2002, 01:29 AM   #19
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

K....just keep me posted.....'m gonna ht the sheets...bwt: my 1 {letter between H and J} s not workng...f ths looks funny!
TNT