MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-12-2002, 10:10 PM   #1
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

Exclamation loss of power

Hi Guys! How is everyone? ok, well i am having a problem that when my car warms up or i drive it for a little while it seems to loose its power.. when the car is cold there is a big power difference to when it is warm.. it has a much noticable snap to it when it is cold.. i had this problem before i made all my mods, but now it seems to be getting a little bit more noticable.. the car runs fine as far as everything else goes. I upgraded my car to mass air, with 24lbs injectors, and 75MM granitelli mass air meter. I have trickflow upper and lower intake, headers, off road H, flowmaster exhaust, msd coil, 155lph fuel pump, 1.6:1 Roller rockers, F-303 cam, 65mm TB, 160 degree thermostat, etc etc etc... I have tried to solve this cause last nite while just cruisin i had a pack of imports come up to me and they gave me a run and i dowshifted to 2nd at about 5K and it felt like i wasn't accelerating that much almost like rev limiter but i know for a fact i wasn't there... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. thanks for everyones help!
88fivepointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:07 AM   #2
PKRWUD

I would check for codes, and run a compression test. If you do, post the results.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 10:05 AM   #3
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

ok, this morning I checked for codes and I didn't get any.. Both KOER, and just KO.. I decied to pull a plug and I before I upgraded my injectors and fuel pump I had a lean condition and I looked at the plug and it is deposit free and lean as hell still.. could this be the problem? I have the Vaccum line unplugged off the fuel regulator and I been running it like this all summer.. But its still seems lean. what can i do to richen it up a bit? thanks!
Old 08-13-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
mysweetlx
Registered Member

What headers do you have - lt's or shorties (lt's might hurt your low end some). With all those mods, I'd say some heads would/should be in order.....you're getting enough air into that baby, but the stock heads are a little weak to say the least. Why would you run it w/ out the fpr and vacuum line cnnected? I'd just increase the psi to fix that lean condition.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:11 AM   #5
PKRWUD

If you have to drive it with the vac disconnected,. you are just asking for your engine to burn a piston. Get an adjustable FPR!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 12:04 PM   #6
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

ok, I just re adjusted my timing a bit and it seems to be better.. I am gunna pick up a adjustable fp regulator asap. I plan on doing heads next year.. I think the stock heads are junk.. I am not gunna drive this car much for the rest of the year, even though i barely drive it anyways.. I have flowtech equal length headers..i might change to BBK's.. thanks guys for all your help!