MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
codybear
Registered Member

Default Engine question

Engine guys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the oppertunity to buy an engine out of an 89' mustang gt, cam f303, roller lifters, new timing chain and some other things for 800.00 my problem is that I don't have "mass air" I have density, I know they are 2 different ECM's but do I need the mass air if I have the density? or would it be best to swap it, and make have mass air? I can get the computer and all the shit to make it work for 150.00 I saw the kit at summit for 549.00 so I can save 400.00 but do I need it?

The guy I was going to have rebuild my current engine told me about this and he said if he long blocked mine for 1600.00 it still wouldn't be as powerful as this one for 800.00... let me know what you guys think...oh yeah it has stock pistons (forge) and stock heads, new water pump.... it was short blocked this past summer.. any thoughts?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:19 PM   #2
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Default Re: Engine question

Overpriced IMO. I think $400-$500 is more like it. If you have speed density, you will need all the stuff to convert. The A9L computer is the one you want if you are 5 speed. If it were me, I would want to convert to mass air. But you can use your stuff on this motor. Are we talking about a freshly rebuilt long block or a complete motor intake to oil pan?
Old 10-28-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
codybear
Registered Member

It was short blocked this summer, I am guessing they either reused the stock pistons or replaced them with stock sized forge pistons, new bearings and ect... for the rebuild along with the f303 cam other than that I don't think there was alot done to it, I was also told that if I long blocked my current engine 86' 5.0 that I wouldn't see any noticeable differences in power??? why? then what would be the point in spending the money?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:52 AM   #4
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

The only reason to "long block" is a completely worn out 150,00 mile PLUS motor. Then you end up with a fresh STOCK motor. With me? Go with IeatCamaros on this one bro. Spend your money elsewhere. The only way I would go for it, is if you could talk the guy selling the MA motor into throwing in the A9L computer and all the goodies with it. Then it MIGHT be worth the $800

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:50 AM   #5
codybear
Registered Member

cool thanx guys