MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #21
USMC302
Registered Member

Default Re: Engine wont start when hot!!! help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog5ohfun View Post
Check the coolant temperature sensor in the heater coolant hard line. This sensor tells the computer if the engine is hot or cold. My car did this a few years ago and this was the problem. To test this next time it doesn't start when it is warmed up, hold the gas to the floor and start the car like it is flooded. You don't have to pump the gas pedal just plant it to the floor. If it starts then it is the sensor. If it doesn't start then it is probable that the starter is worn out. But the sensor is the cheapest first solution. Hope this helps.

Brent

Brent, this thread is almost 3 months old but nonetheless, holding the pedal to the floor while turning over....How does that determine a bad sensor? I was always under the impression holding the pedal to the floor while turning the engine over stops all fuel flow into the engine (meaning an overly rich condition and this would lean it out for starting)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #22
Dog5ohfun
Registered Member

Default Re: Engine wont start when hot!!! help!

Sorry, didn't read the date. Anyway, I don't know how it worked when I removed my sensor from the car. I drove it around without the sensor plugged and one day it wouldn't start when it was warm and holding the throttle to the floor was the one thing that got it started. It worked like that for about a week until we figured out what it was and reinstalled the sensor.
Black 1990 LX DSS Racing Super Pro Bullit 331, AFR 185, Anderson B31 Cam, 1.6 DSS rockers, Cobra Intake w/ 2 phenolic spacer, Aluminum DS, 3.73 gears, Tremec 3550, Lakewood SFI Bellhousing, MSD Digital 6+, Spintech Side Exhaust,
Dog5ohfun is offline   Reply With Quote