MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-2001, 03:50 PM   #1
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Post EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS SUCKS

I am furious. I purchased a motor from Excessive Motorsports in Blue Springs, MO this spring. It was a GT-40p headed motor with a TFS stage 1 cam and the heads had a "stage 2" port that was advertised to make 325 HP. I had HPMotorsport here in Omaha install the motor in my stang (they also threw on a set of 1.6 RRs).

After I got my car back I could tell it wasn't making anywhere near 325 HP. I took it to the dyno and showed that I was making about 260 peak-power (not RWHP) at 4500 RPM. We had to turn the fuel-pressure down to 28 psi and it still ran super rich. Back to the drawing board.

My dyno-guy recommended I put the stock 19# injectors back on. I also determined that the valve springs may be inadequate. Excessive Motorsport left the stock Explorer valve springs on a motor they put a high-performance cam in (talk about stupid). I went back to the dyno and got the exact same results. 260 peak power at 4500 RPMs. Again we had to turn the fuel pressure down to 28 psi with the stock injectors (WTF?). Back to the drawing board.

The only thing I could think of was that the valves weren't opening at the right time. I took my stang back to HPM yesterday to have them check the cam. They pulled all of the front accessories and low and behold the cam was off by a tooth.

The good news is that my car now makes tons of upper-RPM power. I am so happy to have my car running again. It is strong and I will be whooping some @ss!!!

The bad news.... Excessive Motorsport won't do a d@mn thing to reimburse me. I was dealing with a guy there named Brett, but he is leaving the company in the next couple of weeks and they won't let me speak with him. The prick that I was talking to had the balls to tell me that he was looking at my history and this appears to be the first time I've contacted him about this. I've contacted these a-holes at least 3 times and I've got the long-distance bills to prove it. He also had the balls to tell me that they don't warranty their high-performance motors. They don't even guarantee that the f$ck-wad who puts the cam in knows his @sshole from his elbow. He was very rude and condescending throughout our conversation.

KC is only 3 hours from Omaha and I may just end up taking a little road trip one of these days. I've got about $900 dollars in dyno/labor racked up over the last 3 months that I shouldn't have had to incur. I may have to take it out of someone's @ss down there. I'm sure it will make the news!

I would recommend that no one give this company any business. I hope you all will recommend the same for others.

Unfortunately, my problems don't seem too bad in light of today's tragedy (the World-Trade Center catastrophe).

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 04:08 PM   #2
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

your not the first one they f'ed and you wont be the last..but i hear to change things around their they will be giving free 1lb bottles of vasiline with every purchase

the only thing those people are good for is using thier prices to buy stuff for summit with

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 04:44 PM   #3
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I'm sorry to hear your bad experience, i'm just glad that i heard about Excessive before i ever dealt with those @ssholes.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 04:56 PM   #4
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Allways Ask Poeple here Before you BUY Sorry to here you story I was going to get stuff from them to tell I was told the were suck before I sepnt $$$$

------------------
14.28@103.0 on a G-Tech Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, World Class T-5,
NOW it is time for Real power STUFF I Have and will put on after I get everthing: Mac cold intake, 70MM TB, Valve covers (COOL ONES)255 Fuel pump NOS Dry 75HP.
Next to get: rocker arms,Cam,TFS Heads,Injectors 26,Holley intake, What might I need???
See It at <A HREF="http://www.computerconquest.com" TARGET=_blank>www.computer

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 05:09 PM   #5
92Rustang
Registered Member

Sorry to hear your problems. At least you got it right. I had ordered a motor from them before hearing how bad they suck. I canceled the order and it took six weeks to charge my credit card back.

------------------
Check my site for mod
www.fordmustanggt.com
92Rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 06:34 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Same MO everytime. Excessive Motorsports screws everybody over. On a side note, maybe somebody should start a class action law suit against them.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 09:16 PM   #7
crewzin
Registered Member

I had the same problem with NAMOTORSPORTS, then they went out of business with my money. I called Excessive once about a part and they had an attitude so i hung up. They are excessive, excessively stupid.
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 06:08 AM   #8
Mach 1
Registered Member

Most people here already know about excessive and how terrible they are, but sorry to hear about your experience.

If only we could get Ben Ladin to fly into excessive motorsports, the world would be a better place. Theres no excuse for the way their customer service out right lies to people.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 11:52 AM   #9
ByrdPE
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1:
If only we could get Ben Ladin to fly into excessive motorsports, the world would be a better place. Theres no excuse for the way their customer service out right lies to people.

Lol...only during non-working hours.

------------------
FMS 373,Mac U/D Pullies,B&M shift kit,B&M Trans cooler,
KYB's,FMS 65mm T/B,Moroso cold air kit,75mm Bullet,BBK sub frame connectors,Power-slotted rotors w/performance friction pads
PST performance sway-bar kit,3G alternator,Maximum Motorsports Strut tower brace,Maximum Motorsports G-Load brace
Maximum Motorsports lower control arms,Autometer,oil,H2O,
volt MSD6AL,MSD Blaster coil,'Tiny Avenger'intake pipe

ByrdPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:38 PM   #10
Five0
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your experience, I wish you had asked about them; I think anyone on this board who has dealt with them could have warned you.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
No times with 347 stroker yet.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:19 PM   #11
IBStanged87
Registered Member

Been down that Road and they are a Piece of **** to make it Blunt!!
IBStanged87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:44 AM   #12
demon357
Registered Member

Thumbs down

they port their heads with a sawzall and mill them with a belt sander. Their $50,000 renegade car that runs high 10's is testimony enough that they are idiots!
demon357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 03:13 AM   #13
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I've seen numerous posts about how bad the service is with Excessive so I have stayed away. But, before I ever heard one bad thing about them I had placed an order for a complete set of March polished aluminum underdrive pullies with the power steering pulley which never arrived. I ordered them C.O.D so I was out nothing, but I find it funny that they never sent the order which was over $250.

Maybe someone needs to inform Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine that one of their regular advertisers is ripping people off. I cringe every time I turn the page to see one of their ads.

How the hell are these guys staying in business???????????????

Sorry to hear of your dealings with them Eric.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 04:18 AM   #14
demon357
Registered Member

check them out at www.betterbusinessbureau.com

Muscle Mustangs knows about them but they get so much money from those ads they could care less.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:44 AM   #15
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Get this....

I've learned from a few different parts manafacturers that their credit is horrible. Everyone that ships them anything has to ship COD. They hardly have any parts in stock at their shop. They tell all of their customers that the part is on back-order, then charge their credit card and then order the part from the manafacturer.

This has happened to me all three times I've dealt with them. Once on a radiator, once with a throttle-body and also with the motor I purchased.

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE.

" they port their heads with a sawzall and mill them with a belt sander. Their $50,000 renegade car that runs high 10's is testimony enough that they are idiots!" -- That is hilarious!

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 11:45 AM   #16
slo95
Registered Member

I hate to be a me too, but I think it is fitting. I live about 40 miles from the place, and have "stopped in" a few times. Showroom is about 20'x20', and only a few items on the shelves. Two doors hide the "warehouse", whether or not there is anything in there is another story. I wanted to pick up a few things, cat back kit, h pipe, LCA's, throttle body, gaskets, a bottle of water wetter - things kinda commom - and like others have said, they were on back order from the manufacturer, but call anyone else, and they are on the shelf. Not to mention the sarcastic-condescending attitudes. crazy.
I read all the bad things about the place, and a few good ones saying the company catered to locals. Well, I guess 40 miles is not local enough...thanks goodness for internet and magazines!
slo95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 01:56 PM   #17
demon357
Registered Member

I'm on the other side of kansas city and had to go in there once. I needed just a clutch disc for my centerforce setup and called them as a last resort. They told me on the phone that they had it so i told them to hold it for me and i would be there in an hour. Well i got down there and Mitch Black who happens to be the owner was a dick and mysteriously didn't have the disc. He told me that the computer showed it but it wasn't in stock. With my parts knowledge if you have someone coming from an hour away you make sure you have the part to avoid confrontation. Needless to say he got an earful.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:08 PM   #18
Matt Harwood
Registered Member

I'm surprised that they can still afford those ads in the magazine--they must be getting a substantial discount for a 12-month contract or something.

Though I've never ordered anything from Excessive, the word on the Internet has convinced me to never try. I'll gladly pay a few extra bucks to make sure that things go smoothly.

However, though it seems that everyone and his sister is 'Net savvy these days, I'll wager that we're still in the minority when it comes to places like Excessive. We all know they suck, but the vast majority of the guys reading the Mustang magazines don't have access to this information. And a flashy ad like that will pull A LOT of people in.

I bet they hurt with repeat customers, though--people who buy from them are first-time customers who don't come back. Eventually, that lake will dry up, too.

I'm glad there are enough vendors out there that places like Excessive have no power over my decision. Just be a smart consumer and shop quality instead of price and you'll be OK.

I hate places like Excessive who give Mustang guys a bad name.

------------------
Matt Harwood
Harwood Performance Engineering
Cleveland, OH
http://www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com

1993 LX coupe: built 342, GT-40X heads, ported Cobra intake, JBA headers, 3.55s, etc., etc., etc.

FOR SALE: 1997 Ranger Splash Supercab: 1995 Cobra 5.0L, 8 PSI Kenne-Bell supercharger, Tremec 3550. 319 HP @ the rear wheels. Stock wheels, not lowered. The ultimate sleeper?
Matt Harwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 02:21 PM   #19
USMC302
Registered Member

No kidding, i thought I was the only one who had problems with them, not only did I get attitude I got the wrong part sent out, to be specific it was a flowtech X-pipe supposed to be for a 94-95 model, they sent the 96-98 model X-pipe out. After I had to pay to ship it back to them, they sent out the same damn pipe to me again. Someone should write a letter to the editor in MM&FF and tell them about all of this crap on behalf of all of us. They shouldn't be allowed witht the privilage of being in a magazine like that.

------------------
88LX NOTCH, 88GT, 95 GT.
USMC302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 03:38 PM   #20
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Here's the info from the BBB, if you are interested

BBB Reliability Report
EXCESSIVE MOTOR SPORTS
1911 C W US HWY 40
BLUE SPRINGS, MO 64015

Local Business Start Date: January 1, 1995
Type of Entity: PROPRIETORSHIP
Principal: DUANE DEVER,
Customer Service Contact: RON BLACK
Phone Number: (800) 930-9585
Fax Number: (806) 224-9396
Type-of-Business Classification(s): AUTO PARTS & SUPPLIES

Customer Experience

Based on our standards, this company has an unsatisfactory business performance record. An unsatisfactory business perfomance report is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims.

In this case, our records show a pattern of failing to deliver the products or services.

Additional Information

Additional Phone Numbers: 816-224-8051
816-224-8803
816-224-8849

Report as of 08/14/2001

Copyright 2001 Better Business Bureau

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained herein is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time. The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary, and members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension, SPEC stage III clutch, Lakewood SFI bell, S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
[b]12.16 @ 113.5, 1.78 60ft..no traction in the 90 degree
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote