MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
84stangLX

Post Extatic about new car ('89 Mustang GT), exhaust question

Well, it's official i'm going to be buying a guy at my work's '89 GT. Right now the mods it has are 1.72 roller rockers, 70mm throttle body, K&N panel, BBK fuel pump (medium size pump, forget GPH), relocated battery, Auto Meter 5" tach with light, MOMO racing seat, hurst shifter, thunderbird 8.8" rearend with disc brakes and 3.55's, 5.0L explorer cobra style upper intake (Not installed on vehicle, i will buy a lower for it), relocated lower control arm mount, pony wheels, and it looks PERFECT except it needs detailing and center caps for the wheels. I'm getting it for $1500 US and it has like 140K miles. He was going to sell it to me for 2500 but i declined and then the rear main seal just ruptured and he wants to just sell it quickly. (i'm going to go through the engine and put in a new cam, re-ring or rebuild, etc.) I'm just so happy i thought i'd share with the world!!!!! Ok, sorry, here's my question:

What would sound the best on this vehicle in terms of exhaust. I actually want something loud for this vehicle and sounds just NASTY (but in a good way). I was thinking shorty headers, off-road X-pipe and 2 chamber flows. I don't want to get pulled over ALL the time, but i'd like something that'd sound really wicked. Any suggestions, criticizms or ideas?
Thank you,

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car