MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-03-2002, 07:52 AM   #1
HAITHAM
Registered Member

Angry Extremely rich conditions, anyone ??

when I stand behind my car I can noticed the strong smell of the gas & it will irritate my eyes also, anyone can help what could cause this rich condition ?
TFS track heat heads (ported), Cobra intake (ported), 24# Injectors, 3/8" Phenolic spacer, CompCamsXteremeEnerge 224 232 555'' 565 112, CompCams Pro-Magnum 1.6 RR, BBK 1 5/8" headers, BBK 65mm TB, Pro-M 80mm MAS, Next Generation PIH kit w/ A9L computer, 3.55, BBK 190 lph fuel pump, Paxton fpr, MSD'S, March Pulley's, Pro-5 tower power shifter, Intellitronix Air/Fuel gauge, Eibach Sportline Springs, Tokico 5-way adjustable, Granatelli Motorsport Subframes, Edelbrock Mufflers, 2.5" exhaust system, Pfgoodrich comp T/A drag.

Previous Mode: E303 Cam, TFS 1.7 rr

'92 Integra LS.
HAITHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:30 PM   #2
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

well make sure you FP isnt too high but i think even set perfect you have the same cam as i do witch has a nice exhaust overlap witch would make the exhaust smell..notice it wasnt an exmmisions legal cam

You might want to hold on..i saw this on a cartoon once
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 05:07 PM   #3
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Does your exhaust have cats? If not, with the list of mods you have, it could just be from that? Do you see alot of black smoke when you give it more than half throttle? How's your AF gauge reading, I noticed you have one and have you checked your plugs? What do they look like?
Old 03-12-2002, 04:39 AM   #4
HAITHAM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 91GTturbo
Does your exhaust have cats? If not, with the list of mods you have, it could just be from that? Do you see alot of black smoke when you give it more than half throttle? How's your AF gauge reading, I noticed you have one and have you checked your plugs? What do they look like?

I have no cats, I notice lil smoke when give it more than half throttle, spark plugs are new & gaped to 0.54" & the fuel gauge shows that the readings above the half by 2 lines. which is some kind of normal.
BTW, I have some idle hunting & surging & stalling issue.

If I still remember with MY OLD CAM E303, the car did the same thing.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:39 AM   #5
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

This is starting to sound very familiar. Rich exhaust, black plugs, surging idle, bucking while driving, generally running like crap. That's what my car did and it was caused by 9" of vacuum instead of the 15" I was pulling when I got it running right.

If you have all of these problems too you might want to check your vacuum. It's easy to check anyway so it's always a good place I start.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 11:47 PM   #6
HAITHAM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2FastLX
If you have all of these problems too you might want to check your vacuum. It's easy to check anyway so it's always a good place I start.
Can you teach me how to check the vacuum ?
Old 03-13-2002, 06:08 AM   #7
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

You need to go to a parts store or online and get a vacuum tester. It's just a gauge with a rubber hose attached to it that you connect to one of the unused lines coming from the vacuum tree on the firewall. There should be at least one port on the tree without a hose. It should just have a rubber cap on it. Hook the hose up there and start the car and see what it reads and let us know.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote