View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 05:24 PM   #10
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Well, Chris, I got 'er fingered out. Here's what I did after thinking about it all last night (actually it was very simple)...

Since I swapped tranny's I figured that the wires that were disconnected from the Tremec (and left disconnected since there are no hook-ups on a Jerico) had something to do with my problem...

I started looking at the colors of the wires that were previously connected to the Tremec and noticed that there was a 4-wire harness with (1)white w/red stripe (1)red w/blue stripe (1)black w/purple stripe and (1) purple w/brown stripe

I cut the harness off and connected the the black and purple wires, turned on the battery switch and had reverse lights. Then I hooked up a toggle switch so I'd have them if I need 'em.

SO, I figured (as soon as I saw them) that the red and white wires had to do with the neutral safety/clutch pedal position switch... wired them together, turned the key and nothing... pushed the clutch pedal to the floor and turned the key and heard the starter turn over (WOO-HOO!!) ...that's it!!!

I sincerely appreciate your input on the matter, and have printed and saved your instructions for checking the switch at the pedal should I have a similar problem in the future... in other words, DAMN YOU'RE SMOOTH!!!

And my next issue... NO HEAD LIGHTS!?!?!?! got any suggestions on this one? ...I got parking lights, turn signals, dash lights, NO flash to pass lights but no blown fuse??? WTF?! I'm wondering how my headlamp switch would go bad...

Whaddaya think???

-Ryan

edit: I would also like to thank the others for their input as well...

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph

Last edited by ultraflo; 06-13-2002 at 05:31 PM..
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote