MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-16-2001, 08:45 PM   #1
Strider
Registered Member

Cool Future Mods

Hi all! I'm new to this board but have been reading it constantly since i got my first Stang, a black 00 GT on November 15th of this year. It was love at first site Anyways the first mod if you can call it that was a K&N Filtercharger for it. Now i'm looking to add more mods. With the eventual addition of a supercharger. What mods would most of you recommend if you were just starting out like me?

Strider
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stallion3.jpg (65.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-16-2001, 10:29 PM   #2
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Dood....that car is suhWEET!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 01:33 AM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

First off I'd start out with gears and some sticky tires....and if you can afford it get some cheap racing rims with slicks mounted on them that you can just use at the track.....

Is it a 5-spd? I'd go with 4.10 gears if I was you. Manual or Auto. If you go with 4.10s, make sure you have the tires to hold it on the road though. If not, they'll do more harm than good.

If it's an auto....then you can get a stall converter.

And start working on the suspension before you get that supercharger down the road. You'll need it to get good launches.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:35 AM   #4
Strider
Registered Member

Talking Future Mods

Ben: First off, thank you very much! Secondly, i just got done looking at the page for your '69 and i must say that that is one sweet looking Stang you got there yourself. You got one very cool dad to buy you that car and then help you transform it to what you finally got. Just awesome looking. And that engine must really rock. When do you expect to have it back on the road after the accident? Take care of it man. Now, getting back to my original question, what mods would you recommend for my ride?

Strider
Old 12-17-2001, 01:42 AM   #5
Strider
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
First off I'd start out with gears and some sticky tires....and if you can afford it get some cheap racing rims with slicks mounted on them that you can just use at the track.....

Oooops, my bad. I just saw this reply after i posted. Thanks for the suggestions dood.

Is it a 5-spd? I'd go with 4.10 gears if I was you. Manual or Auto. If you go with 4.10s, make sure you have the tires to hold it on the road though. If not, they'll do more harm than good.

It's a 5-speed manual trans.

If it's an auto....then you can get a stall converter.

And start working on the suspension before you get that supercharger down the road. You'll need it to get good launches.
Thanks, will do.

Strider
Old 12-17-2001, 01:51 AM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Question

So I'm still curious.....is it a 5-speed or auto?
Old 12-17-2001, 01:59 AM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Well.....we're both really confused......I just saw your earlier post now after I just asked that question.....but the question still stands.....

Thanks about my 'Stang man. I appreciate it!

My 351 does rock! It's not an awesome drag engine or anything, has right around 300 horsepower. But oh, does it sound great. Has a nice and rough (that's a little ironic) idle from my .496/.520 cam, and ohh does it ever sound awesome right now! We don't have any exhaust on it! Just some full length headers! WOW!!

I actually got rid of the car I wrecked after salvaging it for good parts. I bought a fastback on September 29th (day after my b-day) from a guy in Tennessee and had it shipped here on a semi. Project: 2ND COMING should be "finished" by May or June.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:27 AM   #8
Strider
Registered Member

6T9: It's a 5 speed manual trans. As for the gear. I know u recommended a 4.10. Exactly what is an FRP gear and what does it do? My knowledge base is rather limited so go easy on me until i get up to speed. 'Course with all there is to learn that could take a couple years Good luck on the 2nd coming!

Strider
Old 12-17-2001, 05:09 PM   #9
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hi Strider...
Not to be a pain in the rear, but you might get some REALLY informative answers to your questions if you posted in Modular Madness.... Just a thought...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 12:07 AM   #10
Strider
Registered Member

Hammer: Yeah i saw that forum. I figured i see what turned up here before i posted a similar thread. But what the heck, i'll take your advice and see what happens. Thanx for the headsup dude.

Strider