MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Poll: Which Flowmaster Cat-Back should I get?
Poll Options
Which Flowmaster Cat-Back should I get?

Old 09-05-2002, 06:51 PM   #21
1hot5.0
Registered Member

I was just reading up on the MAC Flowpath 2.5 inch. Has anyone had experience with these? Are they comparable to the flows? I jsut like how they say they can be installed by one person. I could save a little on install.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:17 PM   #22
1hot5.0
Registered Member

Guys and Girls, thanks for all of your help. Today I heard a 5.0 with 2 chamber flows and one with the Mac Flowpaths and I was sold on the flowpaths, I almost went crazy it was the sound and the volume level I was looking for. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:40 PM   #23
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

One more thing to bring up/question.. I know you can get WELDED mufflers from places like summit.. it' basiclay a private label muffler... they seem to be of the same flowmast design.. just cheaper... and they "CLAIM" more horses... i wanted to know if anyone has em... and what they thought
-as
Old 09-06-2002, 02:43 PM   #24
TwiLighTBluEGT
Registered Member

Whatever you do, don't buy a 2-cat H-pipe. They are a little louder than the 4 cat and let some horses loose, but they are very expensive and in my opinion not worth it. Go with an off-road pipe. They are much cheaper and you will really get the "true" sound of a stang. I had a MAC 2.5 2 hi-flow cat h-pipe and it cost me about $400 w/ shipping. And it only made my car a little more throatier and richer sounding than the stock h-pipe. If you need to pass emissions, don't waste your money. Either just keep the stock pipe on or buy an off-road and switch over every 2 years to get your sticker. Take it from someone who has had a 2 cat pipe
TwiLighTBluEGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: