View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 01:31 AM   #15
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
It's the carberator (sp?) on top of the motor that gets stuck. Sounds like there all sorts of demons on your baby that need to be exercised. I would love to get my hands in there and play for a day or two. Maybe some day we can have an intervention for that car.

Have a good weekend, I know I plan on it.
Yah!!! That's what it is. I can never rememebr all those names.

Ya, I think someone has it out for my car.

He's threatening to put a chevy engine in it.

It's an '87 5.0 HO in a '66 coup. We may be getting a new intake and 4 barrel carb.

We put the shroud on today. It wouldn't fit right, the holes wouldn't line up right and the fan blades kept hitting it. We had to custom fabricate our own mounts. Found what looked like parts from a steroe system in the trashcan out back. We assum it was from Kevin, our neighbor, he fixes radeos and stereo systems for a living. Anyways, we cut a chunk off of it w/ a dremmel (sp?) and put a couple new holes in it. Went through quite a few bits. Ran outa bits, so one of the brackets didn't get finnished, that spot is getting held on w/ zip ties till tomarrow. In the alley it sounded happy and felt happy, lots of wind. But, when we took it for a test drive on the freeway it went back to it's normal temp spot. So, either it's still running hot, or the gage is off. While in the ally it was on cold, but the time we got back home, (20 miles?) it was the almost half way mark.

Since it has it's power prob, it's sitting on the street with the battery disconnected.

Once we get the new crome bumper, or the old one fixed, we're ganna get more things to replace for the exterior, then get it painted. It should be painted by the end of the year. YaY! :-)

Hmmmm, I guess I just rambled on again, sorry. I bet there aren't too many people who stuck around long enough to read this sentence. hehe

That's enough from me for now.

Thanks, I already know I'll have a good one, if we ever leave LA.

Goodness that's funny, left Bakersfield to get away from that yucky town and moved to LA. Now everytime we wanna go do stuff, it's up to Bakersfield we go. Go figure. :-P

Have a racing meeting/party/b-day party to attend. Among other things.

Take care everyone!

BTW: My bad mood's gone.

BTW2: I talk too much.
http://ricehatersclub.com/
http://MechaPS.com/
rustang girl is offline   Reply With Quote