MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-11-2002, 07:29 PM   #1
Onerare91LX
Registered Member

Default Should I get the flowmaster american thunder cat-back (got plastic in hand)

I've been debating on which cat-back to get and I think I've reached my decision but still not quite sure. I have right now waitung to be installed mac 1 5/8 long tubes, mac off-road pro-chamber. I dont want my car to be annoyingly loud but I want it to sound good. How's a dynomax? Thanks

Modifications:BBK Fenderwell CAI, Pro-Flow Chrome Bullet MAF, Accufab 65mm TB, Kirban AFPR, BBK Fuel Pressure Gauge, TrickFlow Street Heat Intake, Trick Flow 3/8 spacer, FMS 24lb Injectors, TrickFlow Valve Covers, TrickFlow Twisted Wedge Heads, FMS 1.6 RR's, 2.02/1.60 Ferrea valves, MSD Coil, FMS Plug Wires, FMS Air Pump Idler Pulley, FMS A/C Eliminator, Lentech Street Terminator Valve Body, TrickFlow Trans Pan, B&M Trans Cooler, AFM Switch Panel, FMS Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, Bassani O/R X-pipe, Dynomax "Race Magnum" Cat-Back, Auto-meter Gauge Cage & Water Temp & Oil Pressure Gauges, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, FMS 4.10 Gear, FMS 5-Lug Conversion, R58 '95 Cobra R Wheels.
Onerare91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
saywhenn94
Registered Member

Default american thunder

dynomax sounds good but nothin beats that signature Flowmaster sound
Old 03-11-2002, 10:18 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Yes, definitely get it, with a set of off-roads!
Old 03-12-2002, 12:12 AM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

i say NO dont get it...flowmasters have that annoying drone/ tin can sounds...if you dont want it to be super loud get the Mac flowpath cat back..sounds sweet with the long tubes...its extra deep..iv had a few ppl think i had a 351 under the hood
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 12:19 AM   #5
DemonGT
Registered Member

P.S. plus everyone has flowmaster...be different..if and when my mac system needs replacing im probubly going to go with dynomax bullets...i have a couple vid clips of a stang with them..ill see if this lets me post them

it wont let me post the vid clips so if you want to hear/see them you will have to email me
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 12:51 AM   #6
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I dont know of i am weird but i kinda like the drone at like 2k rpms. LOL. It makes me know it is going. Of course i dont use it for long trips yet so that could affect you if u do.

Later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 02:18 AM   #7
Mustanguy

Default Flowmasters..they were once considered good

Hate to say this being a flowmaster using person myself but,Flowmasters just aren't the leading performance muffler they were once were.Since they first came onto the market,there are mufflers now that flow so much better than flowmasters and sound great as well..case in point dynomax race magnums flow more than flowmasters and sound good...

but if your in it for "that" sound,then get the flowmasters

Me,I'll be tak'n a sledge hammer to mine come summer and installin some dynomax muffs
Old 03-12-2002, 03:38 AM   #8
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default don't get flowmasters

I have the flowmasters and they have a good sound to them........from outside the car. i hate the drone that you get from them. they came with the car so i didn't really have a whole lot of say in what mufflers i got. everyone has flowmasters. go with something different. maybe you should give borla a try...

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 05:18 AM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

Dont do it. I have off road h-pipe and I had american thunder system, and I hated the "tin can' sound so bad, i took them off and replaced with dynomax super turbo system. Not only was it cheaper, it sounds better and fits better
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote