MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-20-2004, 05:49 PM   #1
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Angry FMS ADS don't fit??

OK so I am having my new T-5Z, King Cobra Clutch, and FMS aluminum driveshaft installed at a local shop. I get a call today and they say the driveshaft rubs the flang where the cat-back meet and that it rubs one side or edge of a muffler? Has anyone else experienced this? It is from Ford so I figured it would fit with no problem. Is there an easy fix so my mechanic don't rape me for putting extending the cross bar between the cats by 3"?

Cosmetic Mods: Color change interior & exterior, Cervinis Ram air hood, 16" Ponies, LX Taillights.
"Nip it in the Bud"
Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
chatcher
Registered Member

Default Re: FMS ADS don't fit??

i would think the exhaust was reinstalled incorrectly and they would have been the ones that reinstalled it improperly if they removed the tranny also ask them if it rubs once the car is on the ground it may be close when its on the lift if the rear is hanging down but once the rear is on the ground it should move the driveshaft away from the exhaust what exhaust pieces do you have stock or aftermarket and how old are they i cant think of anyone that i know having to widen the h-pipe
Old 10-20-2004, 10:29 PM   #3
Mad Horse
Registered Member

chatcher you are dead on! I went to the shop tonight and looked at it for myself. I said the same exact thing to them about the rear suspension being unsprung on the lift. The other thing I noticed was the passenger side muffler (the one that is rubbing) is installed slightly incorrect. The pipe infront of the muffler has a slight curve to it and needs to be rotated to push the muffler out. Right now the curve faces down so it is just pushing the muffler up. I pointed this out to them and they agreed it should work. I have to admit that I was the one who installed the Cat-Back and am thus guilty . I guess I didn't pay attention to how the curve was facing on the factory exhaust and installed it the way I did. Ofcourse I had no clue it would lead to problems 6 years later. LOL They are going to heat it up and try to rotate it tom. morning. If all goes well I will get it back tom. with a whole new drivetrain!! Man I can't wait to see how she feels.

Cosmetic Mods: Color change interior & exterior, Cervinis Ram air hood, 16" Ponies, LX Taillights.
"Nip it in the Bud"
Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

The problem is in the H-pipe.. I had the same issue with the rubbing.. the H-pipe was bent inwards and causing the issues. The after market shaft is obviously larger requiring more space.. But other the muffler inlet or H-pipe is at fault!
88fivepointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:04 PM   #5
Fried One
Registered Member

I have seen the same on my car on the lift. Once it gets back on the ground it clears again.
Fried One is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: