MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2001, 10:46 AM   #1
cojonepony
Registered Member

Exclamation FMS Extender install on '94 GT is a P.I.T.A. !!!

I bought an extender for SN95 stangs and the install is getting on my nerves. Once the adapter on the extender harness is plugged into the port on the EEC processor it hangs down almost an inch and makes the task of plugging the factory connector back in impossible. There's not enough slack in the main harness to get the thing in. I spoke to a tech at Ford Racing and he could only recommend trying to pull on the main harness (???) or rotate the position of the EEC processor. Well let me tell you, there's almost no room in behind that kick panel to move the EEC around so I don't know what I can try aside from removing the white plastic bracket that holds the EEC in place and slide the EEC upwards and connect the extender and just let the EEC hang there. I don't know how shock sensitive the EEC is, but I'm running out of ideas. Any advice is welcome.
cojonepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 07:59 PM   #2
andy669
Registered Member

Yeah, i have the same problem with my PMS on my 94. I just have everything laying in the floor board. It looks like in order to get everything in there, youre gonna have to trim part of the innerstructure. Let me know if you find a different way.
andy
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote