MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2001, 12:57 AM   #1
got hp
Registered Member

Thumbs down So dissapointed with my Ford Racing catback.......

I ordered the system December 7th 2000 and waited 3 months for Ford Racing to get off their *** and make it and ship it. I got it today and I guess they forgot that the application this car is for has about 28" of exposed pipe and therfore should have the nice tip about that long. They decided to install a 99 up GT tip on the 2.5" pipes. So if you have anything other than a 93 Cobra, you are going to see where the tip is welded on and it looks VERY ugly. The crappy part is the mufflers look 1000 times better flowing internally than any Ford muffler I have ever seen so I know this system is going to sound killer if I decide to install it. Another cool thing about it is the rear section of the tip is slip fit and the system is not a completely welded unit like the older version was so it can be installed without dropping the diff. You be the judge and tell me if you would install these crappy tips having the pipe exposed like that. Very dissapointing to see something like this coming from Ford Racing. I have never had a problem with any of their products before till now....

got hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 08:26 AM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

ACK! I would say call FRPP (ford racing performance products) and have em send you the right tips, otherwise, I'd say return it.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 05:06 PM   #3
y2kcobrar
Registered Member

Hey I work for an SVT dealer in Georgia. What's the part number they sent you. They have about 5 different sets available, maybe you got sent the wrong one. Email me direct if you want and I'll check it out for you.

gefracing@yahoo.com http://www.gefracing.com
y2kcobrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 05:08 PM   #4
got hp
Registered Member

Unhappy

it's part number m51. The hangers are on the correct way so it has to be the right tips. The 99 up have the hangers pointing the other way.

------------------
1991 SSP Powerdyne Coupe
got hp is offline   Reply With Quote