MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2003, 08:16 PM   #1
pnguyen
Registered Member

Default Need some serious help!!!

I'm new to this forum and I'm in need of some serious help since I'm a novice at electrical stuff. ok i have a 95 cobra and I was having a problem after I went down a steep driveway and scraped the exhaust. now my turn signals don't work and I'm blowing the fuse instantly as soon as i put it into the fuse box.

I've narrowed down to the following scenario: the fuse will not blow and all the flashers and everything work, but as soon as i even slightly tap the clutch (maybe something near there) the fuse blows instantly.

I'm thinking it's either some switch under there or maybe something along where the clutch cable runs to the trans or maybe even on the trans since i scraped

I just want my baby back on the road again. Please HELP!!!
pnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Wow that is one of the weirdest things I've heard yet I dont see how the exhaust has anything to do with fuses but then again I'm not a stang pro..

Sorry I dont have any answers for you.. just thought I'd bump this up for the pros to answer you.
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

What part of the exhaust did you scrape? Tail pipe, muffler? Exhaust, converter?
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Need some serious help!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by pnguyen

I've narrowed down to the following scenario: the fuse will not blow and all the flashers and everything work, but as soon as i even slightly tap the clutch (maybe something near there) the fuse blows instantly.
Sounds like you already have it under control. You know it has to do with the clutch, so look closely under the car and under the dash while you're moving the clutch. Somewhere its either bumping a wire or tripping a switch when you move the clutch. If its moving a wire, follow the wire till you find a bare spot thats shorting out. If its tripping a switch you'll have to follow that wiring until you find where its shorting.
Good luck
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #5
pnguyen
Registered Member

ok finally got it figured out. it was the clutch safety switch. somehow it managed to get caught near the quadrant thus was shorting out on the quadrant when i was touching it. taped up the wires with some electrical tape and works like a charm. weird how this all of a sudden happened and coincided with me scraping my exhaust. either way thanks to all of you for your help and responses. it was a huge help. boy i'm glad for mustang forums.
pnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote