MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-11-2001, 06:46 PM   #1
stanger8172
Registered Member

Post FPR's

I am currently running at 29 pounds of fuel pressure. Would putting in a new fuel pressure regulator and bumping it up to 40 pounds free up a few ponies?

'91 LX w/ported stock heads, milled .030 triple valve springs,1.6 roller rockers, glasspacks, 2 electric fans, A/C eliminator kit, T-5
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:34 PM   #2
MiracleMax
Registered Member

On a MAF car. It's my understanding that unless your injectors are to small then bumping the fuel pressure won't do much of anything. On SD cars this is worth some more, but on a MAF car the computer measures actual airflow into the engine and sets the injector pulse to provide fuel accordingly.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 07:25 AM   #3
Jeff Chambers

Be careful about running too little fuel pressure. The injectors need a certain amount of pressure to form a good spray pattern. With too little pressure, the pattern isn't full and you'll actually wind up with a dribble to the spray.

With your mods, I'd try running stock pressure or maybe something like 42# to begin with and do a little testing to see what works best.

Why the triple springs? They're probably costing you some HP. I've run doubles on my T/S combination, and have considered going back to singles w/ damper to try and reduce the parasitic losses in the valvetrain. Triples are overkill, especially on a most stock motor that's limited to 6250rpm by the computer. Just food for thought.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.97 Seconds / 114.5 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 08:45 AM   #4
fordgasm
Registered Member

Lightbulb

I agree with Jeff...you should be running higher fuel pressure than 29 lbs. As I recall stock is around 36-39 with the vacuum disconnected from the regulator.

------------------
fordgasm
CLICK HERE to see my 87 GT
fordgasm is offline   Reply With Quote