View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
RDMumfts Stang
Registered Member

You may want to check out http://www.maximummotorsports.com/ Their site is loaded with information, full explanations on what the parts they sell do. They have replacement front lower control arms.
Quote:
1979-93 M-3075-A $189.95/pair This kit upgrades the front lower control arms on 79-93 Mustangs and utilizes the 1996 control arms’ low-friction ball joints and improved inner bushings. Dramatically improves the impact harshness qualities of your vehicle and is recommended when heavy duty suspension components are added. Kit includes LH and RH lower control arm assemblies.
YOur KYBs may not be adequate for your stiffer springs. I had them on mine, with Maier Recing 2" drop springs (650lb specific rate) and did not like them. I am running Monroe Formula GPs, but will be upgrading to Tokico Illuminas soon. You might need a bumpsteer kit, I am running tie rod ends that Central Coast Mustang recommended at the time. MM has them FOZZ-3A130-A $84.95/ea (2 per car)
Quote:
On pre-1990 Mustangs WITH Caster/Camber plates adjusted to give a greater-than-stock amount of positive caster, you will have a slight bumpsteer effect. This can be remedied by installing '90-'93 tie rod ends - the right way to deal with bumpsteer. With respect to steering geometry, the effect of installing these tie rod ends is similar to what offset steering rack bushings do, except these tie rod ends move the tie rods the correct amount. Click here for more information on problems associated with offset steering rack bushings.
I have MMs solid rack bushings and Caster/Camber Plates, along with the Energy Suspension end links for lowered Mustangs. My car handles well, but I think I need to adjust the end links to tighten up the steering response

Next: complete tune-up
RDMumfts Stang is offline   Reply With Quote