MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2004, 11:39 AM   #1
Simi Stang

Default front end feels a little "loose"

I have a '90 GT. My car has around 83K miles on it...about 22K on the motor. The thing that's been annoying me lately is the front end. It seems kind of loose. I'm sure I need to replace some bushings...but not sure which. Of course, it would be nice to replace all of the front end bushings...but who knows how long it will take for me to get to all of them. I have a to-do list for my stang a mile long...and it never seems to get any shorter. The front end seems stiff, and a little loose. When going over bumps, sometimes it feels like the front wheels get jarred by a bump in the road and the front of the car moves over a couple inches...say if I'm going around a turn or something. It's not that the front struts are not rebounding like they should...because they are new KYB stock replacements. Fairly old Koni 50/50 adjustables in the rear. Those seem fine though. I was just wondering if any of you knew by these symptoms I've described...where I should look first? Or what bushings I should replace first? I have fairly stiff Eibach specific rate springs that lowered the car about an inch and a half. Eventually I'll be getting some progressive rate springs that will hopefully soften up the ride some. I've replaced those long bolt looking things that the front sway bar connects to with the little round bushings on top & bottom of the lower a-arm & sway bar ends....with some heavy duty Energy Suspension pieces. Sorry, I'm drawing a blank on what they are actually called?? I know I can still replace the rack & pinion bushings...and the front sway bar bushings that connect to the chassis. What else am I forgetting? I need to start giving this rattle trap an overhaul dammit.

Last edited by Simi Stang; 04-28-2004 at 12:54 PM..