MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2001, 12:00 PM   #1
cobra94
Registered Member

Question Lack of Power from issue with Fuel System

I recently bought a used 94 cobra (all stock). It is lacking power at full throttle. I knew this when i bought it. Feels as though its not getting enough gas. it almost bogs down when you punch it. I have replaced spark plugs,wires,cap,rotor,and fuel filter. I checked compression and every cylinder is perfect at 150. I took it to a friend who was able to pull the codes from the computer (has flashed the check engine maybe 10 times). The codes we found are:
181:Adaptive Fuel Rich limit reached at part throttle, right side.
189:Adaptive Fuel Rich limit reached, left side.
542:Fuel Pump circuit open;PCM to motor.
556:Primary Fuel Pump circuit failure.

Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? I am thinking one of the following:PCM issue, bad fuel pump, bad fuel pump relay, bad fuel pressure regulator. I guess it could also have a bad TPS. I am not sure where to start besides just replacing parts. I have a voltage tester. Any ideas will certainly help. Thank you very much.
-Joe.
cobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 02:38 AM   #2
Casper5.0
Registered Member

Have you checked the timing? How does it idle? Mine had a real bad idle and the fan wouldn't kick on and wouldn't run very hard at WOT, i had a bad ect sensor. It didn't read a bunch of wierd codes for the ect sensor. GOOD LUCK!!

------------------
94 cobra, steeda tri-ax, ultra flo's

14.2 @ 99 (stock)
Casper5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote