MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
mitymerc
Registered Member

Default Fuel Press Reg Prob

I was having a flooding prob on an '88 fuelie H.O. Mass air, 24 lb inj. It would refuse to start after a short stop, (ie:gas station). Holding the pedal to the floor would start it after much cranking. This is not good in the staging lanes....

The old adj FP reg was installed around '93 my assumption (you know what that means!) was that it was old & dead, I purchased a BBK FP reg, installed it last Sat night, with much groaning & gnashing of teeth*.
There is no change in FP when throttle is mashed. The Vac signal is a steady 13" at idle. It immediately goes to zero upon hard throttle.

The pressure is set to 40 lbs w/no vac line. it goes to 35. When it the gas is mashed there is no change from 35lbs either static or under load.

I want to race it on Sat & have like no time to play around. any input would be appreciated.....
mitymerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
goodyear1984
Registered Member

Default Re: Fuel Press Reg Prob

are u sure u have a fuel problem?the reg wont make fuel go into ur engine when its siting .the only way fuel will get into the engine when siting is if u have leaking injectors which would be a dirty/faulty or the driver in the computer is bad or if the regulator is bad and the engine is sucking up fuel from the vacuum line that goes to the regulator .but it shouldn't run to great when ur driving.what u really should do is when it wont start make sure its still sparking,ignition modules go in these alot but only when the motor is hott.also check ur fuel pressure when ur cranking when it wont start
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
^best et so far 11.6 1.61 60ft coming soon 9sec et's
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
goodyear1984 is offline   Reply With Quote