MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
Blaster
Registered Member

Default Fuel Pressure???

I'm not sure what to run for psi (zero vacuum) on my car. It makes 375-385HP at the flywheel but I have a custom burnt chip. I never took an inital reading before I started fooling with the pressure to solve other power adder problems (very stupid). The fuel pressure analyzer says to run 50 psi (I have 24 lb/hr injectors) the car is at 40 psi (zero vacuum) right now. If I went to 50 psi would my custom chip just regulate the psi anyways if I was a little high, I don't want to be lean and I don't have to worry about the N2O becuase it's a wet kit. I just can't get back to the dyno anytime soon.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
USMC302
Registered Member

Default Re: Fuel Pressure???

The chip won't affect the pressure, it will control the impedence of the injectors firing the fuel (hope I said the right) anyway, the best way to know what fuel pressure you need to run for your setup is to run it at the track and adjust from there, I would start at 32psi or so and go up from there, watch your mph, not your et. Once mph starts to drop stop adjusting. I would adjust in 2 or 3 psi increments. Ever thought about investing in a wideband? Would work wonders for tuning!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Fuel Pressure???

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC302 View Post
The chip won't affect the pressure, it will control the impedence of the injectors firing the fuel (hope I said the right) anyway, the best way to know what fuel pressure you need to run for your setup is to run it at the track and adjust from there, I would start at 32psi or so and go up from there, watch your mph, not your et. Once mph starts to drop stop adjusting. I would adjust in 2 or 3 psi increments. Ever thought about investing in a wideband? Would work wonders for tuning!
He covered it from top to bottom and is 100% correct.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
scrappy5.0
Registered Member

Default no fuel pressure

I just put on gt40p heads gt40p lower and upper intake on my H/O 5.0 the car will turn over and start for about 3 seconds. i pushed the valve on the fuel rail lines to see if i had any fuel pressure and there was no pressure. any one got an idea...im new to working on cars so bare with me
scrappy5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote