MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-2001, 12:30 AM   #1
wrathchild
Registered Member

Post fuel pressure and bad injectors???

can bad injectors work at a hgiher fuel pressure? The reason i ask is this.I just built a motor and put in my car.I could not get it to idle at all till i moved the fuel pressure way up. So after i got it to idle i set my timinng and moved the fule pressure down to around 34 -38 psi. I took it for a drive and it was stuttering and was giving me lean pops alot. I could barely get it to move. So i turned it up to around 45 and the stuttering went away but at WOT it was bogging really bad. So i turned it up to 55 - 60 psi and it runs fine.I then adjusted my rockers because they were loud as @#$^. Took my car for a drive and just thought i should try to tunr my fuel pressure down. Well as i did there was a kinda squeeking noise that went away with lower fule pressure. I thought the noise had to do with my rockers but it wasnt. So since i turned the fuel pressure down and the kinda squeek noise went away i turned it back up and sure enough it was there again. So do you guys agree that i have bad injectors? They are 30's that i just recieved last week. There is a new replacement set on the way. Please give me your opinions guys.

Thanks

Sorry its long

wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 06:40 AM   #2
FoxBuilder
Registered Member

Is the mass air meter calibrated for the 30lb. injectors?

I have always known injector's to either work or don't work. However they can become clogged.

First, I would check the plug's to see if any cylinders are running a rich/lean condition. Second, I'd ohm all the injectors. Across the two pins should read 12-16 ohms. If everything checks out try tunning the motor again. Go to my web page, under Engine Management Systems, check out the tech tips.

------------------
For the performance fanatic
Visit my web page at:
www.geocities.com/getradicalmotors/
FoxBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: