View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 07:57 AM   #18
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Chris,

She is beautiful!! Awesome job bro!!

I've been trying to find a fuel leak for a while (since before I started this thread) now but can't locate any liquid. Last time, when my AN fitttings were leaking it was easy to tell. Injectors aren't leaking either. Steel braided line is brown in some spots but no fuel leaking. What about the possibility that my fuel line being so close to the tailpipes is boiling the fuel? What are the chances that this is happening?

What damage, if any am I doing to this engine by having difficulty starting cold?? Oil pressure is at 60 lbs when cranking.

Regarding oil & Lucas additive, since I have the 7 qt Canton 351 double sump swap pan should I use 6 1/2 qts. of Mobil 1 and 1 qt Lucas?? I always use the K&N filters...I haven't liked Fram since the situation when I broke in the engine the rubber ring stuck to the block.

Also, I am developing a significant oil leak at what appears to be the back of the oil pan. Seems like the rear (of the 4 piece gasket) is being squished out a bit. Does this mean my engine builder cranked it too tightly and I need to pull this sucker again to replace the .50 gasket?? Ouch!! Is this common amongst the swap pan's??

Thanks and let me know where that beauty is going to end up, she looks sweet!
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote