MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Question Fuel pump or reg?

I know, ive asked this question before but i have new more clear info. (thanks for all of your patience with me) KOEO fuel pressure goes to 25 PSI and immediatley falls to 0PSI. A second try KOEO 25PSI, held for about 5 seconds then fell about 3 PSI, held, then fell to 0. KOER 30 psi, removed reg vacuum hose 40PSI. turned the car off and pressure went to 0 again. Would this be the pump or the regulator? I dont want to buy a new reg and then have to buy a pump or viceversa. Thanks again.
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 04:10 PM   #2
PKRWUD

You need either a pair of needle nose vise grips, or a fuel line clamp. Then find a spot in the supply fuel line where it is hose (steel braid is fine). Have someone turn the key on, count to 2, and clamp the line. Observe the gauge. If it holds, it is either the pump, or more likely a split in the hose inside the tank. If it doesn't hold, it's either the injectors leaking, or the regulator. Now do the test again, but clamp the return line. If it now holds, replace the regulator, if it bleeds down, replace the injectors.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 07:06 PM   #3
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Do you know of a spot that the fuel line is just hose? Ive been under the car and all i see is that pastic hose thats covered by rubber or metal lines. I might just say screw buying an exhaust system for right now and buy both the pump and regulator. what do you think?
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Old 07-01-2002, 11:43 PM   #4
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

PKRWUD??
Old 07-01-2002, 11:50 PM   #5
PKRWUD

I have a tool that I made for just such a purpose. I took an old fuel filter, cut off the inlet and oulet tubes, and fitted them to a 2' length of rubber fuel injection hose. I remove the filter, and insert this in it's place, and then just crimp the hose. Because of this, I don't even bother looking for a location on the factory fuel line anymore.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 10:16 AM   #6
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Yeah and i just threw my old fuel filter away acouple weeks ago to. Owell. I ordered a 110lph fuel pump (walbro) and an aeromotive AFPR. I figure ill just repalace them both and the problem should be fixed. If not i dont know what ill do. The stock fuel pump is whinning alittle louder than normal, and with past experience on other cars, im guessing its going bad. Thanks for you help. also where do you think i should set my new reg? Just set it at stock?