MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2002, 11:43 PM   #1
intercooled LX
Registered Member

Question Electrical problem..HELP!!! Fuel Pump

OK about 3 or 4 months ago the old stang would not start,looked at fuel presure,it was at 0 psi.I replaced relay and bingo,all is well.The other night I went to the store and parked it.A few minutes later I went to leave again and it tried to start and sputtered and dies.Well i looked at the fuel pressure gauge and it was at 15 psi and dropping.I thought damn!!!Well the next day I went and got a another relay and nothing,no pump coming on.I thought well the old pump has been in for about 4-5 years,I guess it died.Got me a 255 lph and put in and NOTHING pump not comming on.I have 12 .45 volts at inertia switch.At pig tail at the rear of fuel tank behind bumper on one leg I got about 7 volts and on the other about 9 volts.Checked another running 90 stang about same readings at pig tail.using old fuel pump at battery in runs fine,when connected as a test at pig tail nothing....It seems to never kick on pump to pressure up system..what gives?From my understanding the ECM grounds all sensors and also fuel pump,Tried to run another temp ground to activate pump NOTHING!!!I dont no what kind of voltage redings I should get at relay on what wires..Could the computer be bad?PLEASE any help would be appreciated...THANKS

Edelbrock 6037/exhaust ported
Mac equal length 1 5/8
2 1/2 exhaust
FMS 1.6 roller rockers
3:55
190 lph intank
T-rex inline
Cobra intake w/65 mm T.B.
Pro M 75 mm Bullit-blowthrough
intercooled LX is offline   Reply With Quote