MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-02-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Thumbs down G-Force Transmissions. Not standing behind a user

This is not cool at all

http://www.streetcarforums.com/showt...threadid=13427

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #2
429mustang
Registered Member

The G-Force seamed like a pretty good setup (although using the stock T-5 case didn't seem like a good idea), but I'll be sure not to buy anything from them now. Someone should give them(G-force) links to all the forums full of pissed off people not wanting their products anymore. The one guy there seems like an as*hole though, so it probably wouldn't make a difference.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:47 AM   #3
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Wow, I really feel for that guy. Sounds as though customer service is something G-Force doesn't have.

I've been skeptical of these G-Force tranny's from the start...I know alot of guys on this site have been saying that G-Force is the way to go over the Tremec's...but I dunno, I just felt like everyone was jumping on the bandwagon.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #4
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Quote:
Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
Wow, I really feel for that guy. Sounds as though customer service is something G-Force doesn't have.

I've been skeptical of these G-Force tranny's from the start...I know alot of guys on this site have been saying that G-Force is the way to go over the Tremec's...but I dunno, I just felt like everyone was jumping on the bandwagon.

E
Ditto here!
After reading the responses on that post and seeing it on the corral, I've made my decision, C-4 is the way I'm gonna go (since I've already got 2 of them). I can't get over how clean of a break the mainshaft is. That's definitely not from "beating on it", that's defective material, and should be replaced.

Coming from a person trying to run a business, I know that customer service is key to staying alive. And in the Mustang world, G-Force will lose quite a bit now I think.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 AM   #5
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by 86GT
I can't get over how clean of a break the mainshaft is. That's definitely not from "beating on it", that's defective material, and should be replaced.
I agree. The break is so clean that it makes me wonder if the cooling process was rushed or done improperly thus creating a brittle metal.

E
Old 03-02-2004, 12:35 PM   #6
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Granted, we are only hearing one side of the story. But if G-Force would have made it right, we would not be hearing this story.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 04:56 PM   #7
andy669
Registered Member

It cracks me up how people will jump on a bandwagon without knowing all the facts. I swear, its like an episode of the Simpsons. The same style trans has been in 3 of my friends NMRA Real Street cars without any problems. I will be upgrading to a G-Force T-5 without any reservations.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #8
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Quote:
Originally posted by andy669
It cracks me up how people will jump on a bandwagon without knowing all the facts. I swear, its like an episode of the Simpsons. The same style trans has been in 3 of my friends NMRA Real Street cars without any problems. I will be upgrading to a G-Force T-5 without any reservations.

Andy
From what I've read so far, G-force has responded to the threads. I try to read as much as I can about things like this so heres a thread to read concerning this situation:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=456473

Customer service has to play a role here. Parts broke, something should be done. Obviously nothing more than bickering on both sides is all that was accomplished.

This is the first bad thing I've heard of G-force, so that says lots right there, even tho they are reletively new in the Ford T-5 market. Anyway I'm doing reading this crap about who's right and who's wrong, there's way more to this particular situation than anyone on the net will know, so I'm staying out of it.

Andy, I agree that there are too many "bandwagon jumpers". I don't think I'm one, I like to stay informed as much as possible and make my decision. Would I recommend a G-force to someone? Probably if they needed something like it. Would I refer them to this one thread? Yes, and the countless others that speak of the good too.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:58 PM   #9
sedanman
Registered Member

Hm, not how I figured they would break I think it is gonna destroy gears becasue of the case flexing. The light color of the shaft indicates that it broke all at once not over time. It's always hard to build a hardcore product when you are working around stock perimeters.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:05 PM   #10
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanman
It's always hard to build a hardcore product when you are working around stock perimeters.
Agreed.

86GT, you beat me to the corral post. I was just about to post the link.

Right now all we have is finger pointing. It will be interesting to see what comes of all this...if anything.

E
Old 03-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #11
andy669
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanman
Hm, not how I figured they would break I think it is gonna destroy gears becasue of the case flexing.
Thats what I would have thought, and would still be thinking if I hadnt seen it with my own 2 eyes. My friends had several passes on two of the first trannies that were built. I know for a fact that the shifter was adjusted right, the clutch had the right air-gap, and they knew how to shift. They didnt have any problems.

Quote:
Originally posted by 86GT

Customer service has to play a role here. Parts broke, something should be done. Obviously nothing more than bickering on both sides is all that was accomplished.
Since when do high performance parts have a warranty?

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:42 PM   #12
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

I haven't seen a bit of FACT from G-Force's side. Only a lot of opinion and/or conclusions, some with implications I'm not thrilled with. There's no way on Earth they'll get my business once my T5 explodes.

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #13
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Quote:
Originally posted by andy669

Since when do high performance parts have a warranty?
Andy
True. I know that I would be upset if I spent $2000 on an upgrade, and breakage occurs, but I understand that something that's going to be beat on shouldn't be covered unless a policy was in place for this purpose.

Bottom line. Someone's high performance transmission is broke. 1 out of how many thousands? Does it suck? Yes, but that's what you get when you play around in the hi-performance world.

Anyway, enough of this. No intention to flame anyone, but there's more to this story than I care to investigate anymore. And, so far, what I have seen of G-force transmissions is that they are good, one breakage. Just too many people on either side of the fence on this one.