MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-29-2001, 08:38 PM   #1
93GTDIN
Registered Member

Post getting most of my furious 205 horses to the asphault...

i'm a firm believer in keeping my engine relatively stock, and i'm not a big fan of nitrous or anything that is not n/a otherwise. I've heard you can pick up somewhere in the ballpark of a full second off your ET with some suspension work and tires on a stock mustang. What do you guys recomend as far as suspension/tires for a car that is stock, and must maintain its streetability. Bear in mind, that although my car is stock and an AOD, the wheels will spin night and day if you mash on the throttle. Thanks in advance.
93GTDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

4.10's....ET Streets......mega-bite jr's...
50/50's.....air bag on RT-side.....
You will like it....
My 5-speed runs 13.20's on that combo at 104...completly stock N/A
But i use south sides....i would prefer the HPM's.

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com

11's coming soon!!!!
Heads,intake and cam are all here
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 08:59 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

To begin with, get some slicks/ET streets/drag radials. If you are willing to get another set of wheels, get some slicks, and you can just slap them on when you go to the track. If you daily drive the car, and want performance all the time try Nitto 555 r BFG T/A drag radials. If you only drive it on the weekends, but don't want to go with all out slicks, get some Mickey Thompsons.

On suspension, you NEED to replace the lower control arms. You should get some new springs too, I can't suggest anything there, but someone will know. When you go to the track, remove your front sway bar for better weight transfer.

Further, get an aluminum driveshaft and underdrive pulleys. If you like the auto, get a higher stall converter and shift kit, that will get you about at the level of a manual, dropping about .5 sec in the 1/4. Otherwise, drop that dirty auto and get a T5. If you need more explanation on any of this just ask!
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 09:05 AM   #4
SLOWPONY
Registered Member

Put some ET Streets on it, they make the 16" size so you don't have to switch rims. If that isn't enough switch to a set of Southside lowers with the Comp Eng trick springs. If i had to put money on it I would say that the ET Streets would be more than enough.
SLOWPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 11:51 AM   #5
dinomite
The Dude

as someone above said, gears. Definently get some gears.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote