MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-10-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
acidskie
Registered Member

Default Good parts sites

Not asking you to post it here due to possable advertising issues. But if you guys don't mind, will you PM me some of your favorite parts sites. This would be both Go and Show sites please.
Thanks

Everyone here has been a huge help and I just wanted to say TY btw.
acidskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 06:27 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

There are so many sites and none of them have the BEST price on all items. When looking for a certain item you really need to shop around all the sites. There is as much as a 50 buck difference on the same part at each site. And some peolpe swear by one sites service while the next guy says they sukk. I have yet to find the "end all" parts site. 90% of my mods were purchased used from the e-bay.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #3
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I second surfbeat for the most part! That is what I have found.

But, I have had by far the best luck with mustang tuning. When they put something on sale...standby...they kill everyone.

You can bt 4.10's right now from them for $124 and that INCLUDES shipping. They don't have a lot of stuff, but they add stuff each week to their web site. Also, I order items from them that they don't carry...they just get it and they beat other prices that I can find.

They will be carying SLP exhaust soon AND I am buying my wheels from them (and they are not on the website). You just need to call them...tell them what you are looking for.

1-888-STANG-GT. Ask for Pete or Chris and be sure to tell them "Blake" sent you. (I get nothing in return...I just really like dealing with these guys).

Let me know how you make out. BTW, they are a paid advertiser for this site.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

BTW, the 4.10 price I listed are on gears made by "Motive Performance" the FRPP 4.10's are $139 including shipping.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
Old 02-12-2004, 05:36 PM   #5
acidskie
Registered Member

yeah, I have a order that I think I'm about to send in with them already. Think I'm going to do the some tail lights, gauges, and the tri-ax shifter. I want to talk to Ford first though about my grind issue before I throw a shifter in. Last thing I would want is them saying my shifter caused it. I also saw somewhere from the company that makes the tranny that they suggest not using sifters with adjustable stops. Anyone had any issues with this?
acidskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 06:08 PM   #6
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I think Ford is just trying to muddy the waters with the adjustable stop issue. If you don't set the stops properly, the shifter will not be allowed to put the gears into position properly and you can do some serious damage.

My Stang: