View Single Post
Old 09-15-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
John
Registered Member

I just did my heads, along w/ cam & intake swap. Get the valve job done after porting, i got 3 angle, along w/ crane springs and decked them .010. Be careful not to nick the valves or you'll have to get new ones(i did ). I also hogged out the intake side, theres not much to do on the intake side but clean them up. Don't do to much or you'll go through the pushrod hole ( i did that also ) Labor cost should be around 150-200 for valve job 200 is high in my opinion. Mine was done for 145 for vj 80 to deck them. Good luck and wear goggles, those exhaust port are quite small use a carbide bit in your die grinder to get the bulk of material out, get a cheap port polish kit to clean everything up mine was $28 from machine shop. TAKE YOUR TIME. John

------------------
89 Notch: ASP Pullies,
K&N Air,Transgo shiftkit,Trans. cooler,FMS 3 core , FMS 4:10's, 1.5" cowl, cold air kit, hooker shorties(jet hot coated), O/R H-Pipe, ASP solid mounts, Energy Sus. Trans. Mnt. BBK 70mm TB, MSD 6al, Dual elec. fans, 5.0 Firepower Kit, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Flowmasters, 73 mm MAF, cobra intake and crower #512 cam,
John is offline   Reply With Quote